Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

The forest's eerie darkness consumed Pan and I as he carried me deeper and deeper into its core. I was beginning to worry about how far my 'punishment' is from camp, and my throat started running dry and I was suddenly claustrophobic due to how dark it was around us.

I rolled my eyes and stretched out my arm out and opened my palm upwards and closed my eyes briefly before I felt the warmth of the fire I released. I opened my eyes and smiled slightly as I practically operated a magical blow torch.

Pan stopped walking abruptly and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Are we here?" I asked quietly.

"What do you think you're doing?" His English accent rang around us.

"It's dark, cold and quiet. I needed to at least see where we're going – and could you please put me down already? It's weird talking to your ass and not your face." I complained as I helplessly stared at his lower back as I was carried like a potato sack.

"Fine. We're here anyway."

Pan placed me back on the ground and I finally managed to see his face again. He wore a neutral expression as he stared me down intimidatingly. I gulped as he raised a single perfect eyebrow at me, as if challenging me to try anything foolish – like running away.

I hesitantly broke my gaze at him and turned around and gasped softly. There were about seven bamboo cages the size of medium sized boxes. I spun around on my heels and faced Pan angrily.

"You're putting me in a cage like I'm some animal?!" I hollered at him as my face quickly reddened and my body started to viciously heat up, already causing a few droplets of sweat to roll down the sides of my forehead and down to my temple. Oh god, if Pan hadn't taught me how to control my powers, I would have burnt him alive along with me.

Pan smirked. "Come on, love. Based on what I've heard, you have already experienced imprisonment before, so this should be a piece of cake to you."

I surveyed him incredulously. "I did, but this is different."

I approached him fearlessly and boldly jabbed my index finger at his chest harshly, though he did not move a muscle and stared down at me amusedly.

"First of all, I was imprisoned in a damn castle, not in a jungle full of God knows what that could rip me to shreds." I quickly glanced around me to check if there was any monster lurking around the two of us but my vision focused on Peter once again when I heard him howl in laughter.

I jabbed at his chest again and hissed. "Nothing's funny."

"Actually, your entire demeanor is quite the show, honestly. Is Elisa Emerson scared?"

I scoffed. "I'm never scared."

Pan nodded with a crazed grin as he stepped forward and chests touched lightly.

"Good, because never is a long time, and you'll be staying in that cage for a long time." He murmured softly as he looked down at me, his eyes twinkling with insanity and brutality.

I glared at him. "You are not putting me in that cage, Pan."

Pan smiled and opened his mouth before he blew a breath, and I immediately knew it was magic, because I was instantly shoved into the cage behind me and it's door shut tightly. I gasped and pushed against the bamboo bars but they didn't move.

"Why, you ignorant asshole!" I yelled at Pan as he laughed whole-heartedly.

I grabbed at the bars as I felt the cage move upwards as it was lifted off the forest ground with a rope. I gulped and looked below me and my eyes widened slightly when I saw a weird glowing plant underneath my cage.