Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

-Elisa Emerson's POV-

Pan, Henry and I were seated in the small boat as I rowed it to Skull Rock. Of course, Pan insisted that he rowed the boat instead of having me do it, but he was in no position to exert any extra effort.

Death looked horrible on him. His face was unusually pale, and he had massive dark bags under his drained eyes. The green specks in his eyes were now a very dull colour, lacking any life, and my heart shattered at the sight of him being so weak. Peter Pan was never known to be weak, and seeing him now was absolutely upsetting. All his life, he never had to deal with any weaknesses, and now, his life was on the line.

Looking at him now as he lifelessly sat opposite me on the boat, he looked like he was merely just a skeleton with a thin layer of skin. He had his forearms resting on his thighs as he stared aimlessly at the bottom of the boat. His hollow cheekbones cast an eerie vibe on him and I gulped worriedly at the sight of him.

"We're here." I spoke softly, and Pan heavily lifted his head to stare at the small island that held the treasures he had collected along with the Lost Boys' help.

Henry wasted no time in getting out of the boat and helping me lift Pan on the ground.

"It's okay, Pan. You are not going to die." Henry insisted and I shot the child a grateful smile at his encouraging words.

We quickly but cautiously walked up the stone steps that led to a giant hourglass and the three of us stood facing it.

"What is that?" Henry asked intrigued by the massive time teller.

I let my eyes pool in the magnificent beauty of the magical artefact, waiting for Pan to answer Henry's question, because I too had no idea what that thing was for.

Pan huffed and panted warily as we helped him lean against the stone wall of the giant skull shaped rock as he tried to regain his breath weakly.

"That is how much time we have left before I die along with Neverland." Pan mumbled meekly as he avoided his gaze on the hourglass.

My eyes widened as I stared at it. There was barely any sand left on the top half of the hourglass and I felt myself begin to panic.

"Come on, Pan, Henry. We haven't any time left for chit chat. How do we perform the ritual?" I asked.

Pan groaned in pain as he felt his left arm begin to stiffen and he panted loudly, attempting to keep his heart pumping blood for a little more time. I worriedly grasped onto him to support him and I saw his eyes start to tear up in evident pain.

"Please, Pan. Help us save you. Please." I whispered pleadingly as my own eyes began to water and Henry stepped closer to us.

"We have to stand underneath the skylight above us here and wait for the moonlight to touch my skin and Henry's." He whispered softly and immediately, Henry and I helped pull Pan towards the moonlight available and the three of us stood there, waiting for the next step.

"Elisa, you can't stand with us, otherwise it will fail." Pan gasped as he fell to the ground and I shrieked and bent down to his aid.

I sobbed as I watched his entire left arm turn grey and the plague soon started to spread through his collarbones.

"But – I must help you." I whimpered.

Henry suddenly gripped my arm and pushed me away from the skylight forcefully.

"The only way you can help is if you stay away, Elisa, please!" Henry spoke loudly before he bent down to Pan on the ground.

"What now, Pan?"

"HENRY NO!" A shrill voice screamed behind us and I turned around quickly to find Snow White, David, Hook, Emma, Rumple, Regina and Keith all rushing over to where the three of us were.

"STAY AWAY FROM US!" I screamed back and forcefully shoved my hands forwards emitted a raging fire towards them and pushed them backwards.

"You have to let my son go! He'll die if he does this!" Emma pleaded through the fire that I surrounded them with.

I shook my head stubbornly and brokenly as I allowed the tears to cascade down my cheeks and I sobbed.

"And the love of my life will die if Henry doesn't do this. I'm sorry, but I can't let you take him!" I insisted and shoved them further backwards.

"Elisa, listen to me. Listen to me, dear." Keith shouted through the fire's roar, but I only strengthened the power holding them captive away from the three of us.

"Let Henry go, and together we can figure out a way to save Pan and Neverland. There has to be another way!" He yelled frantically.

"THERE IS NO OTHER WAY! THIS HAS TO HAPPEN NOW! THERE IS NO TIME LEFT!" I yelled as a puddle of tears formed beneath me.

"Please." I heard Snow beg me before I heard Henry's voice behind me.

"Do it, Pan." He said.

"I'm sorry, Henry." Pan whispered.

And that was when I heard an awful sound of Pan's shaky hand breaking into Henry's bones and flesh and tearing out his before ripping out his own rotted heart and placing the heart of The Truest Believer into his own chest.

"NO!" Regina screamed and fell to the floor in agony.

I released my grip on them and turned around to face Pan, my eyes wide and my chest heaving up and down in anticipation.

Pan was staring at his normally pale skinned arms that are no longer grey. He snapped his gaze at me, his forest green eyes finally full of life and happiness again and he broke into a large, ecstatic grin – thereby causing a wide smile to etch onto my own face, completely disregarding the previous tears.

We did it.