Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

It's been at least four nights since I've gone back to camp, and Pan and I have been working on controlling and managing my powers together, in private of course because none of the Lost Boys should be aware of that yet, according to Pan's commands.

"Come on, Elisa. Don't tell you're scared of killing a rabbit." Pan stated amusedly at me.

I shot him a glare as the grip on my spear tightened and my gaze returned to the peaceful rabbit a few yards away from Pan and I.

We were kneeling behind a bunch of bushes as we eyed the rabbit, and Pan rolled his eyes and whispered.

"I cannot believe you. You've injured loads of people and yet you can't kill a small ani-"

"Because it's innocent." I hissed as I snapped my head towards him.

"I mean, look at it. It just has no idea that it's about to be killed. What if it has children?" I wondered out loud.

It was a few seconds later that I realised I've said that in front of the guy I somewhat fancied - who was a complete badass with no remorse.

I felt the heat rise up to my cheeks at a rapid pace as I avoided Pan's gaze and focused on the vulnerable animal.

"Bloody hell. Elisa, you've gone soft!" He exclaimed, no longer caring if the rabbit sensed our presence.

My wide eyes blinked towards Peter and I scoffed.

"I can hurt people who deserve it effortlessly, Pan. And I only kill animals if I need to, but you only want me to kill the rabbit for the hell of it, which makes absolutely no sense."

Pan shifted closer to me and I internally panicked as he drew his face closer to mine.

"I need my heartless meylys, Elisa. How else can my plan work?" He asked softly, his minty breath hitting my face, causing my eyes to flutter and my mouth to slightly part.

"She's right here, Pan." I responded in a whisper.

"Then you better show it." His raspy voice engulfed me and captivated me into his manipulative trance.

He just knew exactly what to do to make me obey him.

"Think of it this way, Emerson - You are simply practicing for what waits for you very soon." Pan encouraged as I put my attention back on the hopeless, oblivious creature.

Peter placed both his hands on my waist after he shifted behind me. I stiffened and Pan squeezed my waist.

"Relax, only then can you strike a bullseye." He whispered into my ear, and drove me insane when he let his lips linger against my ear for an additional few more seconds.

I took in a deep breath and positioned my spear. Surely, it was for a good cause to capture this rabbit if it's practice for a danger that lies ahead?

"Lure it in, Elisa. You are well capable of that." Pan growled into my ear and immediately, I felt my body lose control over itself and give in to Pan's orders.

What on Earth was he doing to me? Since when did I ever take orders from anyone?

But these were not orders. This was for my own good, or at least for the plan's own good - but this plan is meant to protect all of us.

Pan still did not fill any of us in on what his plan is, but he told me that he'll inform us very soon.

I stared at the rabbit without blinking and pulled my right hand in front of me and snapped my fingers, causing a ring of fire to surround the creature.