Chapter 1

Third Person's POV

Mady woke up to the sounds of shuffling feet and hushed voices. She opened her eyes, her purple orbs meeting golden ones. Realizing that she's not in her brother's room, she let out a yell, startling the children inside.

"What happened?!" Sister Lily and Father appeared from the door with worried looks on their faces. Mady looked at them with tears forming in her eyes.

"M-mady's scared!" She shouted, pulling the blanket over her nose in attempt to hide herself, which failed adorably.

"Hey, Yuno, she speaks differently!" Asta, the ash-blonde boy, looked at the Yuno, the black-haired one who is staring at Mady in curiosity and wonder. Ignoring Asta, he went beside Mady and placed his hand atop her head.

Mady started to cry, causing Father and Sister Lily to panic, as they looked around frantically, searching for something to soothe the red-haired child. Sister Lily searched through the shoulder bag and pulled out a Chamomile tea bag, pushing it at Father's face, "Father, please heat the water." She said as she pulled Mady's purple top hat and placed it on Mady's head, causing the said girl to stop crying and hugged Sister Lily. Ruki adviced them to give Mady some tea if ever she started crying.

As expected, it worked like magic. Father returned with a whole pot and a tea cup. When Mady saw the cup and smelled it, she jumped off of Sister Lily's lap and into Father, pouring the tea into the cup, she sipped it happily, sitting comfortably on Father's lap, swinging her feet back and forth.

Father remembered the letter that they found on Mady's coat last night, so he pulled it out from somewhere and gave it to Sister Lily, motioning for her to read it.

"Hey, Little Mady, your brother wrote something for you." Father said, completely grabbing Mady's attention as she looked at Sister Lily expectantly. Sister Lily sweatdropped. 'Nobles.' She thought.

She cleared her throat as she opened the letter, Asta and Yuno sitting on both of her side.

"Dear Mady,

Hey Mads, it's big brother, I'm sorry that I'm not there for you right now, but you have to take care of yourself, be a warrior for Onii-san, yeah? I'm sure that the people
Mr. Ruki left you with are the kindest people on earth.
Remember what I told you about being a Magic Knight? I'll wait for you as one of the protector of Clover Kingdom. I love you so much Mady, I'm sure you'll be a great woman someday, the Mad Hatter, right?

Will always love you far and beyond,
In the beautiful place of Wonderland,

♡Klaus-nii-chan"

Sister Lily finished the letter with a sad smile, patting Mady on the head who is holding back her tears. Father frowned, "It's okay to cry." He said, rubbing circles on Mady's back who refused by shaking her head no.

"No. Onii-san said that Mady's a warrior. So Mady's going to be one!" She responded while stubbornly rubbing the tears away from her eyes, looking up at them with a determined look.

It turned soft when she saw Sister Lily's smile, with a smile on her own, she asked, "When is tea time?"

●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●

~5-years-old~

"Asta, do you want some tea?" Mady's voice snapped Asta back to reality since he has been staring at an empty space for a long time after he got rejected by Sister Lily again.

Asta sighed before patting Mady's head affectionately. "You're too innocent, Mady." He said, bringing Mady to tilt her head to the side in confusion. "Huh?"