Chapter 26

The Red Queen has returned...

Most people would see me as a nightmare.

Now, now~ I mean~ who wouldn't~?

I basically eat fear, you know~?

I feed off of the fresh feeling of dread in the innocents' guts and insides.

I enjoy seeing the horrified expression on their faces as they lay their disguting eyes on me.

Me.

The greatest pirate that has ever lived!

ME!!

EVERYONE FEARS ME FOR WHO I AM!!!

EVERYONE FEARS ME FOR DESTROYING EVERYTHING IN MY PATH!!

Ah~ Fear!

Sweet, sweet, fear.

Fear is a friend.

Fear is an ally.

Fear.

Will be the last thing that you will feel before you die by my hands.

AND NOW!!!

OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

.........

"Mom?" The little red-haired girl asked, her voice echoing around the dark throne room as she searched for her mother.

"My child..." The voice of a woman, whom the girl recognized as her mother, the Queen, called from behind her.

The little girl slowly turned her body and came face to face with the woman who gave life to her.

Though she looked different.

Dark veins are spreading on each side of her porcelain face as her mother's once beautiful eyes blazed in discomfort, regret, fear, and most of all... anger.

Her mother brought her palms in front of her child.

Magic ignited.

The little girl clutched her own neck, her mouth closing and opening.

What's this...? She couldn't breathe!

"M-mom?! M-mom! Ack! I-I-I can't b-breathe!"

"Please, Mom! S-stop! It hurts!"

Her cries and pleads were ignored as her mother stopped the circulation of her blood by the use of her magic.

Blood.

"M-m-mom!" Hot tears trailed down her face as she looked at her mother.

"You did this... You did this..." Her mother muttered, slowly losing her sanity.