Chapter 2

Third Person's POV

Mady just recently turned 12 along with Asta and Yuno. Her request is to make Father let her find a job in town since the church needs some repairing, there are holes forming on the church's rooftops. Father has no choice but to agree and sent her to town.

And here she is. Skipping cluelessly through the busy streets of the town square with her companion, The Great and Grumpy Mr. Rabbit. He was crossing his arms this whole time, obviously not approving of Mady getting a job for her first time.

"I swear, Mady. If you ended up getting hurt just by skipping recklessly---."

"Itte! Aw. Mr. Rabbit just jinxed Mady!"

"I didn't jinx you. You just fell on your butt." Mr. Rabbit deadpanned, hopping beside a sitting Mady.

They continued on searching for a job but every time Mady gets approved, Mr. Rabbit would sabotage her and she would end up getting fired on the spot. Poor Mady.

"Mr. Rabbit, you meanie!" Mady pouted as she once again got fired when she didn't even do anything. There are still three stores they haven't checked yet and Mr. Rabbit plans to sabotage all of it.

They went to the Mini Library first. But before they can even step a foot inside, the dusts fell on their head, making Mady sneeze.

"Ah, gomen. We are permanently closing this Library and the next one won't be opened until 5 years from now." An old man, probably the owner of the store, appeared beside Mady as she shook her head nonchalantly and politely bid her good byes to the old man.

They went to the Shoemaker's store.

It was a mess.

Customers were zooming past her in a flurry, staffs were panicking as they tried to settle the customers down. Others are yelling at each other like,

"Check my foot!"

"What's that smell?"

"Mommy, mommy! This shoe is as big as my head!"

"Jean! Don't stick your head inside the shoe!"

"Oh my gosh! The kid fainted!"

"Call the medic!"

"Told you I smell something bad."

Mr. Rabbit smirked. He didn't have to sabotage her work.

"Ja, let's go Mady. You are obviously not fit to this work." Mr. Rabbit said, pulling on Mady's dress as they went to the next one.

They faced a two-story building. Four windows were facing their direction and two of the glass panes were slightly cracked. The paint was an unnoticeable purple, almost pink if you'd ask me. A small veranda on the second floor and below it is a large wood plank, three words were engraved on the sign in big, bold letters.

"The Mad Hatter"

It said on the sign above.

Mady's eyes sparkled. Mr. Rabbit's smirk disappeared in a flash. 'Oh, shit.' He thought.

Mady and even Mr. Rabbit knew that there's no stopping her from getting this job. She is, of course, the Mad Hatter. The maddest one you've ever seen.

●●●

It has been a month since she got this job and Mr. Rabbit has to say that she's getting a lot of praise by her work. The owner and the other staffs absolutely loves her personality and ability to make the most perfect and fitting hat for the customer.

Mr. Rabbit knew it. Making hats is the perfect job for a Mad Hatter.

But another special gift is on his way...

"Hey, Mr. Rabbit..." Mady nudged the grumpy rabbit, holding something behind her.

"What?" He sighed, turning his head away from the store's window and looked at Mady's enthusiastic aura.

"Ta-Da!" Mady presented him a box that has a ribbon on top of it, indicating that it is a gift.

He hesitantly grabbed the box from her and looked up at her again.

"Go on." Mady urged.

"I swear, Mady. If something pops out of this thing, I will personally contact Hades to grab you back to he---."

"Oh, come on." Mady whined.

"Okay, okay! Geez, Hatter, why are you even giving me this gift?" Mr. Rabbit asked, using his usual nickname for her when they are alone.

Mady smiled before saying, "Well, it's your un-birthday!"

When Mr. Rabbit opened the box, it was like heaven made its way to earth as he lifted the cloth up to his face. "For... me?" He asked Mady who nodded vigorously.

It was a small waistcoat, small enough for him to wear and judging by the patterns of the clothing, it was made by Mady herself. "Do you like it?" Mady asked with a smile.

"Yeah. I do. Thanks, Mady." Mr. Rabbit answered with a small smile as he wore the cloth over his white fur.

"It looks perfect!" Mady said with her thumbs up.

Few hours later●

"Mady, welcome back! You too, Mr............. Rabbit with the waistcoat?" Father saluted, ending his sentence with a question mark.

Mr. Rabbit huffed before flaunting his coat away from Father who popped an irk mark.

"Why is that arrogant rabbit wearing such expensive clothing?! It's way too frustrating for me to handle!!!" Father growled as he thrashed around. Mr. Rabbit could only click his tongue and send him a taunting smirk.

"Why you---?!?!?!"

"Welcome back, Mady and--- oh wow! Mr. Rabbit, that looks good on you! Where did you get that?" Sister Lily asked as she admired the piece of clothing.

"It was personally made by Mady. And when I say personally, I meant 'personally'. Just. For. Me." Mr. Rabbit said as he smirked at Yuno's direction. Making the said boy glare at him before returning back to its normal and stoic façade.

Mr. Rabbit laughed inside his mind evilly. Boy, he really  loves to annoy the hell out of Father and Yuno.

Ever since Mr. Rabbit became Mady's pet, he already noticed Yuno's feelings for the girl. And he didn't like it one bit. And so, he started to bug Yuno away from his Master. He does it until now and he will never stop. Yuno saw Mr. Rabbit's disapproval as a challenge and decided that he would try to gain Mr. Rabbit's trust.

So yeah, Mr. Rabbit is a bit possessive of Mady too but hey, what kind of pet are you when you're not protecting your Master?

"Eh? Really? As expected of Mady!" Asta replied, patting Mady's head who giggled.

"Ah! Father! Could you please sell these on the next town?" Mady held her hand out, presenting a glass jar that has some kind of a pink liquid in it and several floating white roses. Father blinked before pointing at the jar. "What's this? Another self-made tea?" He asked. For some reason, Mady would use her knowledge about plants and make it into undiscovered teas. It was always successful.

Mady smiled, "No! This time, Mady created edible flowers! Hora, hora! Try them!" She pulled a toothpick from who-knows-where and poked the white rose.

She gave the toothpick that has the rose on it to Father as he hesitantly ate the 'edible' flower. A few seconds has passed and his eyes widened, "It's sweet and fluffy! Almost melting in my mouth!" He commented, bringing the others to try the newly discovered candy.

Father was so hyped that night as he planned on selling the roses to the other towns, praising Mady for her incredible work.

"Great job as always, Mady! Your usual customers are asking for stocks of your self-made teas. They would absolutely be delighted of this new discovery of yours!" Father said, patting Mady in the back with comical tears in his eyes.

Mady clapped her hands, obviously inspired by Father's words and decided to turn other flowers into candies too.