Chapter 18

Who is speaking?

"MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!! = When a
'normal' person is speaking.

"ORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!!!" = When the flowers are speaking.

"Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru..." =When Cheshire is speaking.

Third Person's POV

Sweat dripped from Mady's forehead.

She removed her top hat to fan herself a bit.

"Klaus-san!" Mady yelled, rushing to the noble's side when she saw that he didn't notice one of Mars' clones that is about to attack him from behind.

She spawned (minecraft -_-) a giant vine coming from the cracks of the cobblestone (heh) underneath the clone, completely decapitating it.

"Thank you." Klaus muttered beside her, panting a bit due to exhaustion.

Mady just nodded, making sure to look around her for any incoming intruders.

"Why can't we sense them?!" Reo (who I forgot to even mention from the last chapter ^_^) yelled, sending a quick wave of sound to one of Mars' clones.

"Well you can't sense them because they're made out of little particles of mana!" Caterpillar replied, struggling to keep his balance on Mimosa's nest(?) since he can't remove the clones' eyesights due to them not being a real human being.

"Mady! I'm running out of mana!" Mr. Rabbit yelled, stopping another clone from its tracks as he shifted the time around its feet, diminishing it completely.

"Just go here!" Caterpillar yelled, directing Mr. Rabbit's attention to Mimosa's nest. "You can replenish your mana here!" Caterpillar yelled once again.

Hearing that, Mars glanced at Mimosa's resting figure with steely eyes. Then he began to target the nest.

"Away you jerk!" Mr. Rabbit shouted in panic.

"That's so low!" Asta fired back, dragging his sword up to block an attack from Mars.

"Fool!" Mars shouted, lifting up a fist as a big piece of his crystal appeared on the ground and made its way to Mimosa's nest.

'Plant Magic: Toxicodendron Radicans'

The attack was directed to Mars as he let out a pained groan, desperately clawing at his back.

"Stop! Stop!" He yelled at Mady who only glared at him.

Yuno and the others shivered at the sight of Mars' skin when they saw that the giant poison ivy behind him let out another wave of oil.

Not handling the pain well, Mars dropped to ground, falling unconscious.

The ivy disappeared just as Mady dropped to the ground herself but only on one knee.

"Mady!" Mr. Rabbit yelled in worry.

Mady held out a hand, "Mady's fine." Panting slightly, she pointed at Mars, "Please tie him up." She said to Klaus.

"H-hai." Klaus helped Mady up as Yuno placed his shoulder underneath Mady's arm for support as they headed to Mimosa's nest.

Klaus followed what Mady said and used his steel (So many had commented about his quirk. Thank you so much! I'm really happy that you guys cleared my confusion. ^_^) to wrap around Mars' figure as he cautiously avoided the poison ivy's oil on his back. God knows what it could do to him.

"Are you sure this will hold him?" Mr. Rabbit asked Klaus suspiciously when Klaus tied Mars up in some kind of a rope.

Klaus looked at Mr. Rabbit, slightly offended, "Well of course! I am, after all, a nobl--"

"Wooooaah!"

All eyes snapped to Mady who is standing in front of the door leading to the treasure.

"The magic inside it is quite excellent, right?" Caterpillar asked, perched up on Mady's top hat as the latter only nodded.

"How do we open this?" Noelle asked, inspecting the giant doors in wonder with an awake Mimosa beside her.

"We'll have the brat open it if course." Mr. Rabbit and Caterpillar both pointed at Asta.

"Hahh?! Brat?!" Asta yelled.

"Slice the doors open, you idiot." Yuno sighed.

"Asta's the only one who has the biggest sword here!" Mimosa followed.

Asta, having no choice, opened his grimoire once again and fished out his sword.

Muttering a few complaints, he slashed at the doors and left left a big triangle in the middle, fit for a person to pass through.

When they all entered, they gasped at the mountains of gold before them with Asta immediately diving into one.

One by one, they all ventured the gigantic room, looking at the magnificent gems and valuable relics.

"Hm?" Yuno approached a scroll hidden away from the others' sight as he began to look at the writing on it.

Asta glared at his self-proclaimed bestfriend, who is an anti-bird as the bird continuously bonked his head, silently telling him to follow his trail.

Meanwhile, Mady started walking between the mountains of gold, looking at the bright gems in awe.

"Mady~." Cheshire suddenly appeared on Mady's shoulder with his usual grin.

Mady returned a smile, "Hi, Cheshire. What is Cheshire up to?" She asked.

"We're going to show you something, Lineè." Caterpillar also said, as he looked at Cheshire from Mady's other shoulder.

"But Mady doesn't want to go among mad beings." Mady joked, chuckling slightly.

Cheshire widened his grin, "Oh, you can't help that."

"We're all mad here... I'm mad. You're mad. He's mad." Cheshire disappeared, leaving his grin beside Mady's face to linger a bit and appearing above her top hat.

"How does Cheshire know that Mady's mad?"

Caterpillar chuckled, letting out a puff of smoke, "Oh, you must be..."

Cheshire grinned once again, flicking his tail from left to right, "Or you wouldn't have come."

●○●

Mr. Rabbit started panicking.

"Where's Mady?!"

"Nevermind her, help us fight this bastard!" Asta shouted, blocking Mars' attack and shielding Mr. Rabbit.

Turns out, Mars had woken up and broke away from the rope Klaus wrapped him to.

"I TOLD YOU THAT ROPE WAS STUPID!" Mr. Rabbit yelled at Klaus accusingly.

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT HE WOULD WAKE UP SOON?!" Klaus yelled back, producing steel to pop from under Mars but the latter dodged it.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT, FOUR EYES!!"

"WHO'RE YOU CALLING FOUR EYES, STUPID RAT?!"

"WHY IS EVERYBODY CALLING ME RAT?!"

"YOU LOOK LIKE ONE!!"

"JUDGEMENTAL PRICK!"

"UNGRATEFUL BRUTE!"

"NEOPHYTE!"

"HAHH?!?!"

"HAAAKDOG!!"

A/N: Forgive me-- I just... pfft, couldn't! 😂😂😂