Chapter 4

Third Person's POV

The sound of clanking chains and rusty smell, drifted through the air, disrupting the half-asleep birds hiding behind the shelter of the Spruce leaves.

In the distance, 4 silhouettes talked with each other... well, more like shouted at each other.

"You expect to beat me?! Me?! The great Revchi of Chain Magic?! You insolent, no-magic bastard!" Cackled the past magic knight to Asta, who hung his head low due to the insult.

"Asta!" Mady cried out worriedly, desperately clinging on Yuno's arms as Yuno hugged her protectively even though the chains are hurting his sides.

"Asta is strong! Asta is powerful! Asta is a great big bro to Mady!" Mady shouted, tears spilling out of her face as Asta looked at her in a surprised expression before a grin stretched on his lips.

"Mady's right!" Yuno, despite his cold demeanour, shouted out to help Mady encourage Asta.

"Mady! Yuno! I apologize for my sudden behaviour back there! Sorry you had to see that!" Asta jumped up, full of energy. Everyone then noticed an open and glowing book beside him, a handle peeking out between the pages.

"A... Grimoire?" Asta was beyond baffled before he pushed all if it aside and took the handle with his hands.

Mady cheered, happily hugging Yuno who held her close, chin propped up by Mady's little shoulders, holding her top hat in place as to not lose it. On the hand, Mr. Rabbit scowled at the display of affection, though he wouldn't admit that he found it cute...

Revchi was taken into custody with his crimes and the trio plus Mr. Rabbit went back to the church with Father and Sister Lily fussing over their bruises, especially Mady. You see, Mady has very sensitive skin.

~On the next day~

"Mady... wake up..." Mr. Rabbit mumbled sleepily, gently poking Mady's forehead with his paws, his own head occasionally nodding off. Well, who won't be sleepy when you have a blue-haired woman wake you up 4 in the morning?

"Ngh..." Mady said, which sounded gibberish in Asta and Yuno's ears but was completely clear in Mr. Rabbit's point of view.

He nodded, "I see. I'll leave you to dress up and have the scrawny kid carry you." Mr. Rabbit said, referring to Yuno.

(A/N: Their connection is really amazing!😉)

"You seriously understood what she said?" Asta asked, excitement clear in his voice. Mr. Rabbit nodded, scratching his ears to wake himself up.

"I'll carry her later." Yuno said, helping Mady to her feet and let her go on Sister Lily's care to pick her outfit.

-Timeskip! Brought to you by Yuno and Mady's PDA moment!-

Mr. Rabbit huffed, his paws holding on to Mady's top hat as he is being carried by Asta. Mady's on Yuno's back, face buried on his neck, sleeping peacefully.

"I already told you, Shorty. I can walk on my own. You don't need to carry me!" Mr. Rabbit scowled, whisper-shouting the last part so he wouldn't wake Mady up.

"But you'll slow us down." Asta said honestly, which earned a tick mark from Mr. Rabbit and an amused look from Yuno.

"How dare you talk to me like that, you sneaky, lousy croach!" Mr. Rabbit spouted insults to Asta the whole journey to the Clover Kingdom. But when Mady woke up, Mr. Rabbit clamped his mouth shut, he didn't want Mady to be influenced by his adult words.

The group stopped by a river to rest and eat. Asta immediately ran to the water and started catching fishes.

"Whoa! Asta caught one!" Mady shouted, astonishment clear in her voice, eyes dancing in delight.

Yuno got jealous...

*SPLASH!*

"Whoaaa! Yuno caught four!" Mady's attention went to Yuno, who was satisfied at her enthrallment.

Asta took that as a sign of challenge and they spent the whole afternoon, checking who got the most fishes.

On the other hand, the two males were confused and shocked when Mr. Rabbit got the most fishes.

He stood up, proudly smirking at the clueless boys. "Ha! Stupid! You didn't even make sure to keep your fishes safe!"  Mr. Rabbit said smugly. Asta and Yuno scowled when Mady praised Mr. Rabbit like a some kind of God. The wretched Rabbit stole their catch!

-Timeskip! Brought to you by the Author's amazing laziness!-

"Whoa! The castle is hugee!" Mady gaped at the sight of the castle as their group walked amongst the crowd. "Mady wonders what the higher ups would look like?" She said out loud. Mr. Rabbit could only look at her in pity. 'Poor child... She doesn't even know that she's a noble.' Was what he was thinking, as he decided against the idea of telling her the truth.

"Come on! Let's head on to the examination area!" Asta said dragging Mady and Yuno with him as he chomped on a suspicious looking purple snake.

"Grimoire please." Said the man on the counter.

"Yuno, from Hage." Yuno said as he showed him his glorious Grimoire.

"A f-four leaf! Y-you are no. 164." The man said, staring at Yuno with an awestrucked expression.

As Yuno left, Asta bounced forward. "I'm Asta! I'm from Hage too! Here's my grimoire!" Asta practically shoved his grimoire in front of the man's face, radiating a bright aura with sparkling eyes.

"Uh... is that really a Grimoire? It's so dirty." The man stated but Asta didn't falter. "Nani~nani? It's a Grimoire!" Asta said, pointing at the slightly faded clover.

"Ugh. Fine. Calm down. You are 165." The man said shushing Asta away to the arena.

"The name's Madyline, dear sir. Also from Hage. Here's Mady's Grimoire." Mady said calmly, tipping her top hat infront of the man in acknowledgement.

'Why does she look familiar? Is she a noble?' The man thought as he stared at Mady for a long time, earning a glare from Mady's white-furred companion.

"Oi. Who do you think you're staring at?" Mr. Rabbit said while glaring at him menacingly, garnering a surprised and scared look from the man.

"Y-you are 166 m-miss." The man said, sending
Mr. Rabbit a cautious look. 'So tense.' He cried inside his head.

"Thank you~!" Mady sang, lifting Mr. Rabbit up and sat him on her shoulder as he held on Mady's head for support as to not fall off.

Mr. Rabbit cast the man one last menacing look before the two departed. The man sweatdropped.

"What took you so long?" Asta whined at Mady who looked at him apologetically.

"Gomenasai~. Mr. Rabbit was busy scaring the man at the counter and the other participants so Mady had to restrain him." Mady said, smiling on both ears.

A nerve popped on Mr. Rabbit's forehead. "They were staring at you!" He defended.

"They have eyes, Mr. Rabbit. Of course they'll stare."

"Ooh, so savage, Mady..."

"Thank you~."

"Hey!"

(A/N: OOF! 300 reads?! Really?! I love you all so much!)

Mady: Thank you, reader-sama!

Mr. Rabbit: yeah...

Mady: Ooh! Before Reader-sama leaves, please leave a like and comment what you want to happen at the Examination! Mady's so nervous!

Mr. Rabbit: Then don't be. -_-