Chapter 7

Third Person's POV

The proctor for the Exam finally was able to break the tense vibe around the captains as he reminded them about the next round.

"I apologize for my actions earlier, Lady Madyline." William smiled at Mady as the other Captains went to their respective seats.

Mady tensed a little, so did Mr. Rabbit.

"I-it's fine, Sir Vangeance." Mady said, tipping her top hat politely as she flashed him a smile herself.

William turned his back on her before saying, "You may join the Golden Dawn if you want." Without another word, he left a slightly tensed Mady behind.

"Mady?" Called Mr. Rabbit.

No answer.

"Hatter?" He tried again.

No answer.

"Lady Madyline." Mr. Rabbit said softly.

That seemed to snap Mady back to reality as she looked down at him with a small smile.

"Mady... isn't well." She said, a few teardrops escaping her eyes.

Mr. Rabbit looked at her worriedly. Calling her Lady Madyline must have left the child in a state of nostalgia.

"Mady saw a boy in her dreams. He was nii-chan." Mady said, rubbing her tears away and stared up at the captains with a strong look, it almost looked like a glare. It scared Mr. Rabbit a little though.

"I'm going to find him." Mady said, almost robotically.

Mr. Rabbit was shocked.

It was his first time hearing and seeing Mady talk in first person. Now it chilled him to the bones.

The way Mady said those five words held one emotion. Longing. She's seeking a family's love. A true one.

Mr. Rabbit jumped up on Mady's shoulder and placed his left paw on Mady's cheek comfortingly. "Well, find him. I promise."

Mr. Rabbit was known for not breaking his promises no matter how hard and unreachable it is. He will always find a way to give everything Mady wanted.

Did I also mention he's the one that encouraged Asta to believe in everything and never give up on his goals?

Flashback...

"Phew! I hate this!" Asta said, carrying the bag of woods on his back.

A few moments later...

"Ugh. Whatever. I give up." He said once again, dropping the bag to the ground and falling right beside it to take a moment of rest.

"Oh Lord, give me strength." An exasperated voice said, interrupting Asta from his slumber. Glancing up, he saw Mr. Rabbit with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face.

"Are you seriously giving up now? Hurry up and get these woods to the church so Sister Lily and Mady can cook something up!" Mr. Rabbit said. When Asta didn't move an inch due to exhaustion, he grunted, turning away and heading to the church's direction.

"I'm smaller compared to you. And yet I don't give up." Mr. Rabbit said as Asta stood up on his toes to find Mr. Rabbit, carrying the bag of woods on his own back, hopping up to adjust the bag.

"Stay there and rest. You seem to be tired." Mr. Rabbit said.

"W-w-wait!" Asta ran to Mr. Rabbit. "How do you stay decisive all the time?" He asked the white-furred rabbit as he took the bag from his back.

Mr. Rabbit stared up at him.

"Kid, if you really have the opportunity..." Mr. Rabbit started, hopping away from Asta before looking at him again. "Grab it tight... And make it come true."

Flashback ends...

A/N: I know it's short. I know I'm so horrible. I know it feels rushed. Please don't kill me. And... thank for the support, I love you guys very much! I may or may not be able to update very soon since