Chapter 1: Ruby and Sherbet

Sherbet's POV

I'm in a dust shop with my friend, Ruby Rose. We have been friends for a few months now. After I ran away from Cinder's group, I decided to go to Signal Academy to start learning how to be a huntsman. After a bit, we started talking, and by talking, I mean I wrote on a notepad and she responded, and shortly after that, we became friends. We've sparred a few times, but I always won because of the intense training Neo and I were put through. I never told Ruby about my former affiliation with Torchwick nor about my twin sister. Anyways, we were looking around the store when all of a sudden, a person in a black and red suit got our attention. I tapped Ruby. "Hm?" She then looked at the man as he said. "Put your hands in the air, now" To which she responds with. "Are you robbing us?" "Yes!" "Oh..." We both then smirked as we knew what to do next.

Ruby made the guy fly out of the building as I got out my umbrella. A guy then came and aimed his gun at her, but I hit him with my umbrella and we charged out the window. Ruby put her Crescent Rose in its scythe form while I pushed a button on my umbrella to make the blade come out. I then saw a very familiar face, Roman Torchwick. He then began speaking. "Sherbet, it's been a while. I assume this life has been treating you well. Well that's too bad, because it won't last much longer" He then told his men to go after us, but we were able to take them out with ease. Ruby used her semblance to get around and take some out while I took the others out with my umbrella blade and with hand to hand combat. Torchwick then continues speaking. "Well Red, Sherbet, I think we can all say it's been an eventful evening, and as much as I'd love to stick around, I'm afraid this...is where we part ways." He fires a shot from his cane at Ruby, but I block it with my umbrella and switch it to it's gun mode. We then see him climbing a ladder at I fire at him, but miss. We then go after him.

This was now a fight on the rooftops. I switch my umbrella back to its blade form. We then see an airship come up. Oh god. He then gets out a red dust crystal and throws it at us. I put my umbrella back in it's gun form and shoot at it before it hits us. A huntress then comes in to help us. She would use her weapon to fire at the ship. She then fires...ice shards at it from a cloud she made. I then see a familiar dress with a pattern I know all too well. The two battle, which ends in a stalemate. Ruby and I then fire at her with our weapons, but she blocks them with ease. The huntress the get Ruby out of the way of the next attack while I jump out of the way. We then see them get away while I lower my umbrella. Ruby the looks at the huntress in amazement and says. "You're a huntress, can I have your autograph?!"

We were now in a room with the huntress, obviously in trouble. "I hope you both realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly. You put yourself and others in great danger." She says as Ruby responds. "They started it!" "If it were up to me, you both would be sent home with a pat on the back, and a slap on the wrist. But...there is someone here who would like to meet you." We then look to see the headmaster of Beacon, Professor Ozpin with a plate of cookies. He then starts speaking. "Ruby Rose and...could you tell me your name?" He looks at me. I look at Ruby and mouth 'Help me' She nods and says. "His name is Sherbet and umm...he's mute." "Sherbet....do you have a last name?" I shrug at that. "Any family?" I nod, but then look at Ruby and make a writing motion. "He needs a notepad" He nods as he tells the huntress to do so. She then comes back with one and hands it to me and I start to write on it. I write 'I do have a family member, but I don't know where she is' That was technically true, I don't know where Neo is. "Ah, I see" He says, then goes over to Ruby. "You...have silver eyes" "Hm?" "So, where did you learn to do this?" He showed footage of Ruby attacking Torchwick's men. "Signal Academy" "They taught you how to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?" "Well...one teacher in particular." "I see" He sets the plate of cookies on the table. "It's just that I've only seen one other scythe wielder of that skill before. A dusty old crow." Ruby then said with a mouthful of cookies. "That's my uncle" She swallows the cookies in her mouth and says. "That's my uncle Qrow, he's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing." I smile a bit as she tries to describe how much she has improved. Professor Ozpin then continues. "So I've noticed, and what is an adorable girl such as yourself doing at a school designed to train warriors?" "I want to be a huntress" "You want to slay monsters?" "Yeah, I only have two more years left of training at Signal, and then I'm going to apply to Beacon. And Sherbet is starting there this year with my sister." She then goes on to explain why she wants to be a huntress. This was followed by a silence until Professor Ozpin said. "Do you know who I am?" "You're Professor Ozpin, you're the headmaster at Beacon." I nod my head as she says this and he responds. "Hello" "Nice to meet you" "You want to come to my school?" "More than anything" He looks at the huntress, then back at Ruby and says. "Well ok"

Torchwick's POV

I walked into our warehouse and called out for Neo. "Neo, we have some news for you" She comes over to us and tilts her head in curiosity. "We found him, we found Sherbet. We plan to eventually get him back here, but for now, we wait" I say to her as she gets a happy face since we've found her twin brother. He won't slip away this time.

Sherbet's POV

And so we were now on our way to Beacon. Yang was hugging Ruby, expressing how happy  she was that Ruby was let in early. "Really sis, it was nothing" "What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is gonna think you're the bees knees!" "I don't want to be the bees knees, ok? I don't wanna be any kind of knees, I just wanna be a normal girl with normal knees." I silently laughed at that, which went unnoticed by both of them. "What's with you? Aren't you excited?" "Of course I'm excited, I just...I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything" "But you are special" I nod in agreement as we hear about Torchwick a bit. We then heard the start of a news story that said some stuff about the White Fang. I do wish they would go back to doing peaceful protests. We then see the huntress that spoke to us that night appear on a hologram. We now know her as Glynda Goodwitch. She then explains how much of an honor it is to be at Beacon and that huntsmen and huntresses have to uphold the peace. We look out the window to see Signal Academy. We then see a blonde haired guy go to throw up. Well, this our new home now. This was our next step to becoming huntsmen and huntresses.