Chapter 10: Action

Sherbet's POV

We were in class right now, listening to Professor Port's story. Jaune was flirting with Weiss again, which she was ignoring him, as expected. Then, class ended before Professor Port was done, so he told us the ending would have to wait and we were dismissed. We then walked out of class with Weiss saying no to every question but one, which was if she could hear Jaune. 

Later, team RWBY and I were all geared up in their room. Ruby then began speaking. "Alright guys, today's the day. The investigation begins!" She then jumped down from her bed. "Everyone remember their roles?" Weiss then spoke. "You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies, or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem" Blake then adds on. "The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning" And then Yang. "I have an old friend at the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard" I then hold up my notepad. 'And I'm with Yang, seeing how I stand out too much with my hair to go with Blake, plus I'm not a faunus. And Yang doesn't have a partner with her...and I don't want her getting in trouble with her friend again' I look at Yang, to which she just shrugs. Ruby then says. "Great, we'll meet up tonight near Yang and Sherbet to go over what we found. Let's do this!" We then hear a voice from outside the window. "Yeah!" We look to see that it came from Sun. "How did you get up there?" Yang asked, to which he responded. "Ah, it's easy. I do it all the time" Weiss then asks. "You do what?!" "I climb trees all the time. So...are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?" Blake then responds. "We are going to investigate the situation...as a team...and Sherbet" I give a little wave. Ruby then says. "Sorry Sun, we just don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to" "Pfft, that's dumb. You should always get friends involved. That's why I brought Neptune" We looked out the window to see Neptune on a ledge. "Sup" Ruby then asks. "How did you even get up here?" "I have my ways. Seriously though, can I come in? We're like, really high up right now" After we get him in here, we discuss the new roles. Ruby and Weiss are still going to the CCT, Sun is going with Blake to the faculty meeting, which doesn't really feel right with me, but I shrug it off. And Neptune is going with Yang and I. Weiss tries to get Neptune with her, but she fails. Ruby then drags her away. 'She tried' "Yes she did" Blake said "Oh, Sherbet, can I talk with you privately for a second?" She then asked. 'Sure. Yang, Neptune, Sun, could you three wait outside?' "On it, Sherbet!" Yang said as she rushed out of the room, pulling the other two with her. 

Blake then shut the door behind her. I started writing something, but was forced to stop when she took my notepad. I tilted my head in confusion. She then grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss. I was a bit surprised at first, but then I melted into the kiss. After we separated, she said. "I've wanted to do that for so long now. I love you Sherbet. Do you feel the same?" I nodded my head. "Good! Now lets start our investigation" She gave me back my notepad as I smiled and followed her out of the room. Looks like I have a girlfriend now.

Later, we arrived where Yang's friend usually is. We then walked in after Neptune questioned where we were, to which I showed him my notepad. 'You'll see' We then walked in and busted the door open to have Yang have a lot of guns pointed at her as soon as she said. "Guess who's back?" 'Damn it Yang' Junior then has them all put their guns down and says. "Blondie. You're here. Why?" "You still owe me a drink" This was from the time Yang thrashed everyone in Junior's club, it was one of the times I wasn't looking after Ruby. Anyways, we started getting info from him, only to find out that he doesn't have much. And with that, we left.

After we walk out, we hear that Blake and Sun need backup. Yang asks where they are, only for us to see them running on a street behind us. Yang then drives after them with Neptune and I with her. The robot Torchwick is controlling then put cars in our way, which Yang easily got past. Neptune then fired a shot at the robot as I load an electric dust round in my umbrella to prepare to attack. He then jumps onto the robot and attacks it with his weapon in melee form. Sun then sends clones at the robot to attack it, to which they disappear instantly. And just like that, Sun and Neptune have gone flying. Weiss then comes and freezes the ground, causing the robot to slip and fall off the highway as we follow. We all have our weapons loaded. "Freezerburn!" Ruby yells as Ruby, Blake, and I back off, leaving Weiss and Yang to make a smokescreen. We all prepare to attack as we move quickly. After Ruby strikes, she yells another team attack. "Checkmate!" Which was Weiss and Blake. Their attack was ineffective, but Weiss used a glyph to increase Blake's speed exponentially, blocking all the incoming attacks. "Ladybug!" Ruby and Blake. Their attack also cuts off an arm. "Sherbet!" I fire a few electric bullets at the robot, causing the missile launching systems on it to fail. Yang then begins firing shots from her gauntlets at the robot at close range, doing a lot of damage as she then got slammed into a few pillars, then punched. The others began to worry as Ruby told them about Yang's semblance, which allows her to dish damage she's taken back twice as hard. She demonstrates by blacking a punch from the robot, then shattering the arm. The robot then kicks her as Ruby calls out. "Bumblebee!" Blake and Yang. Ruby then calls out another attack. "Electric Ice flower!" Ruby, Weiss and I. As Ruby and Weiss do their part by freezing it, I fire electric bullets at it to damage it. Yang then shatters the robot as we get ready to attack again. Yang fires a shot, only for it to be blocked...by a pink parasol. The smoke clears to reveal her...Neo. I feel tears build up in my eyes as I look at her as she just has a disappointed look. Yang then attacks, only for the illusion to shatter and we see them getting away. 

They all look at me after that as Blake asks. "Was that her?" I take a moment before handing them my response. 'Yes, that was her. My twin sister, Neo'