Chapter 9: Best Day Ever+Stress

Sherbet's POV

Right now, we were having lunch. I saw that Blake was looking at a book. Yang was curious of what she was doing, but Blake told her she was just going over notes, which most likely isn't true. Just then, Ruby put's a giant book on the table. I looked at it and it said 'Best Day Ever Activities' Oh, this will be interesting. She then begins speaking. "Sisters! Friends! Weiss..." "Hey!" "Four score and seven minutes ago, I had a dream" Yang then said "This oughta be good" "A dream that one day, the four of us would come together, as a team, and have the most fun anyone has ever had, ever!" Weiss then asked. "Did you steal my binder?" "I am not a crook" Blake then asks. "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about kicking off the semester with a bang!" I then hold up my notepad. 'Incoming pun' Knowing that Yang was going to make one. "I always kick my semesters off with a Yang!" 'Told you' Nora throws an apple at her. I decide not to pay attention to the rest of the conversation....at least until Nora throws food at Weiss. 'This will be fun'

And now there's a food fight, I was spending most of the time just dodging the food being thrown. I then see Sun and someone else in the doorway. I then hear Ruby shout. "Justice will be swift! Justice will be painful! It will be delicious!" "Yeah!" I see team JNPR launch watermelons at them as Yang punches them with turkeys on her hands. 'Well, might as well join in' I see Blake and Pyrrha get into a bread battle, with Pyrrha being victorious. I decide to take her on next. I grab a loaf that she threw at Yang and we clashed loaves. As I did this, Ruby came surfing in on a tray. I backed up once she got close. She then hit Pyrrha, knocking her down. Nora and Ren then came in, but Weiss gave Ren the slip. Nora made a hammer out of a pole and a watermelon and goes to hit Weiss, but Ruby takes the hit. Weiss then uses a swordfish to knock Nora back, but she returns it by smashing her away. A bit of drama later, Ruby is holding Weiss, acting like she's dead, which she isn't. Yang and Ren then clash as I clash with Nora. "Bring it on Ice Cream Boy!" Nora yells. I run at her as she tries to hit me with her makeshift hammer, but I dodge. I then sweep her legs out from under her. I see that Yang has beaten Ren. Nora then gets up and tries to smash me, to which I dodge. I then hit her with a broken table leg, sending her back. The table leg was broken even more now, so I drop it. Blake then helps me out by hitting her with a line of sausages, sending her into a soda machine. Nora then throws the shaken up sodas back at us like grenades. Blake and I were able to get away from them. Pyrrha then uses her semblance to send cans at us, sending Blake back while I used my semblance to make illusions that shattered once they were hit...until actually did hit him, sending me back, but I didn't hit the wall. I opened my eyes to see that Blake was holding me bridal style. I feel some heat on my cheeks as I saw this. I also see that Blake's cheeks have a shade of pink on them. She then lets me down gently and I look to see Team JNPR on the wall. They then fall on the ground. Ms. Goodwitch then comes in, looking angry as she uses her semblance to fix everything. She then says. "Children please. Do not play with your food" Then Yang falls through the roof. We all have a good laugh about what happened....well, most of us, I just silently laugh. 

Some time has passed since then. I was reading a book as team RWBY was playing a board game. The board game? I don't care what it's called. I hear Ruby and Yang really getting into the game. I then hear Weiss getting into it as well. It's times like these in which I question how I was able to make friends with them. I hear Jaune ask if he can play, to which Weiss throws an insult his way. Jaune then responds with. "Bring it on, Ice Queen! I'll have you know that I've been told that I'm a natural born leader!" "By who? Your mother?" "And Pyrrha!" Pyrrha then says. "Hello again!" "And Sherbet" I give a wave. Then Jaune was close to revealing Blake's secret, but Pyrrha covers his mouth and says something to cover it up. I can see Blake is annoyed as I just facepalm. I then held up my notepad. 'Damn it Jaune' "Sup" Sun says as he was now next to the chair I was in. "Hey Sun" Ruby says. "Ruby, Yang, Blake, Sherbet, Ice Queen" "Why does everyone keep calling me that?!" "I never got a chance to formally introduce you to my old friend" The blue haired guy next to him then asked. "Uh...aren't libraries for reading?" To which Ren then yells. "Thank you!" Sun then says. "Shut up, don't be a nerd" "Intellectual, ok? Thank you. I'm Neptune" Weiss then asks. "So Neptune, where are you from?" "Haven...and I don't believe I caught your name, snow angel" "Um...I'm Weiss" And now he's flirting with the Ice Queen. Blake then said something that I wasn't paying attention to before taking my hand and pulling me, much to my confusion.

Blake and I were sitting on Blake's bed. She told me that she couldn't get her mind off what happened back at the drop yard and that I was the easiest one for her to talk to about this. "Sherbet, why did you work with him? Did you use to feel the same way as him?" I was shocked by that question, but I composed myself and wrote in my notepad, then showed it to her. 'I thought I was, but that's when I thought he was doing it for a different reason. I hated myself when I realized the pain I was helping with causing. I still do. I saw that Neo didn't regret what we did, so I knew it was too late to convince her otherwise. I just want to amend for all I've done.' Tears started to spill from my eyes after I wrote that. If only she saw things how I did. I've tried to hate her for staying....but I can't. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I look to see Blake hugging me. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't of asked" I hug her back as I cry into her shoulder. "Just know that you aren't a bad guy, you saw what was bad about what you were doing, so you did what you can to make up for it. A bad or misguided person would continue, like your sister, she's just misguided" When I was done crying, I showed her my notepad. 'Thanks Blake' We sat there is silence for a few moments, then our faces came closer together until- "Ugh! We should've never let him played!" We jumped in shock after Yang said that, she must've walked in without us noticing. "Um...What are you guys doing?" Weiss asked. "Nothing!" Blake said quickly as we were both blushing messes now. Blake then grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the room, until Weiss said. "Stop" She then proceeded to tell Blake how she has been really quiet lately...except around me. She then pulls a stunt and asks her what's wrong. Blake then speaks. "I just...I don't understand how everyone can be so calm" Ruby then says. "You're still thinking about Torchwick?" "Torchwick, the White Fang, all of it! Something big is happening and no one is doing anything about it!" Yang then said. "Ozpin told us not to worry. Between the police and the huntsmen, I'm sure they can handle it" "Well I'm not! They don't know the White Fang like I do" Weiss then says. "Ok, between blowing up nightclubs, stopping thieves, and fighting for freedom, I'm sure the four of you think you're all ready to go out and apprehend these ne'er-do-wells...." "Uh who?" "But let me once again be the voice of reason..." I stopped listening to her after that. Blake then once again proves her point by saying they won't wait till we're ready. Ruby then says. "Ok, all in favor of becoming the youngest huntresses and huntsman to single-handedly bring down a corrupt organization conspiring against the kingdom of Vale....say aye!" They all agree while I just hold up a page of my notepad. 'Aye' Ruby then runs into the hallway and I see her run into someone. I hold up my notepad. 'Watch where you're going, Ruby!' I look to see a green haired girl with red eyes and a grey haired guy. Ruby then says. "I'm Ruby...are you new?" Another person then comes from behind the other two. "Visiting from Haven, actually" She has black hair and amber eyes. I swear I've seen her before. She looks so familiar.... I then see them walk past as the second girl looked at me for a second. I then go back into the room.

Cinder's POV

Ah, finally, I was able to see him face to face again. It's obvious that he didn't notice me, that's good. Soon, my little ice cream cone will be all mine.

(A/N) I apologize for taking so long on this chapter. I had to fit two episodes into this one, plus a little scene between Blake and Sherbet. I'll see you guys next chapter!