Chapter 2: New Friends

Sherbet's POV

We arrived at the courtyard of Beacon. I was extremely excited about this. And I see that Ruby was too. Well...at least about the different weapons. I saw the guy from earlier still losing his lunch. He's most likely airsick. I silently laugh at Ruby's reaction to all the weapons. Unfortunately, she noticed. "Hey! Don't laugh!" I then mouth. 'Sorry' Yang then pulls Ruby's hood over her face. "Ruby, come on, why don't you go try to make some friends of your own?" Yang asks to which Ruby responds. "But why would I need friends when I have you two?" As soon as she said that, Yang was already speeding off with other people. Well, that was quick. 

Suddenly, Ruby was falling back, but I was able to catch her before she fell into a bunch of...dust cases? Wait... I then look to see the owner of these cases. Yeah that makes more sense. Then owner of these dust cases had white hair, a dress of sorts, and was about the same height as Ruby. In other words, it's a Schnee. "Can you be more careful?! You nearly knocked over that dust!" The Schnee yelled at Ruby. I put my hand out as a signal for her to calm down. "Excuse me?! Why don't you your words instead of rude hand gestures?!" I facepalm and look at Ruby as a signal to help me out. "Sorry princess, and Sherbet only won't talk because he can't, he's mute." I nod my head rapidly at that. The Schnee then continues yelling at Ruby and explains to her that there was dust in those cases. I then see her shaking a bottle of dust, releasing fumes toward us. Ruby accidentally breathed it in through her nose, and I, knowing where this was going, opened my umbrella and put it in front of me as she sneezed, which caused an explosion, but not a big one. I see the bottle land over by a black haired girl with a bow. She looked over towards me and I mouthed. 'Sorry' I see the Schnee continue to yell at Ruby as I snap my fingers to get her attention. "What do you want?!" I put a finger to my lips as a signal to be quiet and get out a notepad and pencil, beginning to write. I then show it to her as it says 'You don't need to shout. What do you expect when you're waving a bottle of dust in front of her?' She just rolls her eyes and looks back at Ruby and starts criticizing her for being a bit young. "Hey I said I was sorry, princess!" Ruby said, just then the black haired girl added her input. "It's heiress actually. Wiess Schnee, heiress to the Schnee Dust Company. One of the largest producers or energy propellant in the world." I nod my head, signaling I already knew that. "Finally, some recognition." "The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners." This, I also knew. This is what happens when you used to work with someone who stole dust. Weiss trying to argue back, but then just takes the bottle of dust and leaves. "I promise, I'll make this up to you!" Ruby yelled, and turned to look at us, but I decided to walk away with the black haired girl. 

I start writing in my notepad to start a conversation with her. She looks at me as I do this. I show her this notepad as it says. 'Hi, I'm Sherbet, and my friend back there was Ruby. What's your name?' To which she responds with. "Blake" 'It's nice to meet you, Blake.' I then noticed that my umbrella is still out. I close it and put it on my hip. "Is that your weapon?" Blake asks as I nod my head in response. "An umbrella seems kinda ridiculous for a weapon, what else does it do?" I start writing on my notepad. 'I can make a blade come out at the tip, it also has a gun form. Looks can be deceiving.' "Yeah..." We continued walking in silence until we got to orientation. We then parted ways as I went over to Ruby and Yang.

I hear Ruby ranting about what happened with Weiss as I see the Schnee behind her. I mouth to Ruby. 'Behind you' She gives me a confused look as Weiss yells. "You!" She then starts lecturing Ruby and shows her something that says Dust for Dummies. I face palm at this. This Ice Queen really needs to chill out. Ruby then tries to start over with Weiss, to which she rudely shoots down. We then hear Professor Ozpin over the speaker. He gives us a speech that...was supposed to be motivational? Ms. Goodwitch then tells us that we will gather in the ballroom tonight and that our initiation begins tomorrow. 

I was in the ballroom, looking at all the people. I see Yang and Ruby arguing with Weiss. I would help them, but I'm too tired. I then see the guy that threw up walk over to me in....little kid pajamas? "Is this spot taken?" I shake my head as he asks this. He sits down next to me and says. "I'm Jaune, what's your name?" I wrote in my notepad and showed him. 'I'm Sherbet, and before you ask, the reason I'm not speaking is because I'm mute.' "Ah, ok. Nice to meet you, Sherbet." He holds his hand out to me to shake mine and I do so with pleasure as I nod. "So, how do you feel about tomorrow?" 'I'm a little excited, I finally get to show everyone what I can do. You?' "I'm a bit nervous." 'That's fine, it's ok to be nervous.' We continued talking until I 'told' him I was tired. He nodded and we went to sleep. I can't wait for tomorrow.