Chapter 7: Secrets

Sherbet's POV

I was walking through Vale with Team RWBY. We saw them set up a banner that said 'Welcome to Vale'. Weiss then spoke. "The Vytal Festival, oh this is absolutely wonderful!" To which Ruby responds. "I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out." "How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world!" She continues talking as I look around. So much excitement in one place, not a negative feeling in sight. We then arrive at the docks. "I heard that students from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom." I then look at Blake, who appears to know the real reason she came here. "She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament" Weiss tries to deny it.

Ruby and I look at a dust shop that looks like it's been robbed. How many more times is Torchwick going to do this. Ruby asks them what happened as they tell us. Weiss then says. "The White Fang, what an awful bunch of degenerates." I then show her my notepad. 'Don't you think that's taking it a bit too far?' "Of course not! I simply don't care for the criminally insane" Blake then jumps in. "The White Fang is hardly a  bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided faunus." I then show them my notepad again. 'She's right, I would know' "What do you mean by that?" Yang, Weiss, and Blake asked. 'I'll tell you guys when we get back' Everyone except Ruby nodded. "Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a dust shop in the middle of downtown Vale." Ruby then says. "Blake's got a point, besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy Sherbet and I ran into a few months ago, maybe it was him. Weiss then insults the White Fang again, which Yang disagrees with her about.

"Hey! Stop that faunus!" We hear from down by the docks. We run over to the railing to see a monkey faunus running from two people. "You no good stowaway" A crew member said, to which he responds. "Hey, a no good stowaway would've been caught. I'm a great stowaway." And now he's running again. As he runs by us, he winks at Blake, to which she just rolls her eyes and looks at me. I then see her cheeks turn a little pink. Is she feeling ok? I shrug it off as Weiss says. "Quick, we have to observe him!" We then chase after the faunus. 

As we turn a corner, I grab the back of Weiss's clothing to stop her from running into a ginger haired girl. We then see that the faunus got away, to which Weiss wasn't happy about. I then show my notepad to the new girl. 'Are you ok? You almost got knocked over'  "I'm wonderful, thanks for asking! Why are you writing on that notepad instead of speaking?" 'I'm mute' "Oh, ok. Anyways, salutations! My name is Penny! It's a pleasure to meet you!" 'Hello, I'm Sherbet' "I'm Ruby" "I'm Weiss" "Blake" "I'm Yang" Penny then speaks again. "It's a pleasure to meet you!" Weiss then responds. "You already said that" "So I did" I gave her a little wave as Ruby said. "Take care friend" We were walking away when Yang said. "She was...weird" And Weiss then said. "Now, where did that faunus riffraff run off to?" We look ahead, only to see Penny. "What did you call me?" She asks as Yang was about to say something to apologize until she said. "No, not you" She walks up to Ruby. "You" Ruby was about to say something, until she said. "You called me friend. Am I really your friend?" Ruby looked to us for help. Weiss, Blake, and Yang were all signaling her to say no, to which I just shrugged and showed her my notepad. 'Your choice' "Yeah sure, why not?" I then see the other three fall back. I decide to help them up. When I helped Blake up, I saw that her cheeks were slightly pink again, but I shrug it off as nothing. I could see that Penny was excited about what Ruby said. Yang then asks. "So, what are you doing in Vale?" To which Penny says in response. "I'm here to fight in the tournament" Weiss then says. "Wait, you're fighting in the tournament?" "I'm combat ready!" "Forgive me, but you hardly look the part" Blake then adds in. "Says the girl wearing a dress" I then hold up my notepad. 'And I literally fight with an umbrella' Weiss then responds. "It's a combat skirt! And your weapon isn't just an umbrella Sherbet" 'Fair enough' "Wait a minute, if you're here for the tournament, does that mean you know that monkey-tailed rapscallion?" I can see that Blake wasn't happy about this, but I don't know why. "The who?" Penny asks. "The filthy faunus from the boat!" Blake then jumps in again. "Why do you keep saying that?!" "Huh?" "Stop calling him a rapscallion. Stop calling him a degenerate. He's a person!" "Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to stop referring to the trash can as a trash can, or this lamp post as a lamp post?!" Weiss and Blake continue arguing, which is starting to get on my nerves.

We were now in team RWBY's room. Yang then asked me. "So, what did you want to tell us, Sherbet?" I was going to respond, but Weiss and Blake were still arguing.  I just about had enough, so I did the most logical thing I could think of. I picked up two pillows and threw one at Weiss, and one at Blake. They looked at Yang, thinking she did it, but she pointed at me. They looked surprised to see that had an angry look on my face with a page of my notepad, which said. 'DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION NOW?!' They both nod as I explain to them on paper what I originally was going to tell them. 

After my whole explanation, Weiss asked. "So you used to work with this Torchwick guy, who is working with the White Fang?" I nod. "Why?" I dreaded this question. 'Because...at the time, I would just follow my twin sister. I eventually gained confidence to get away from them, I almost failed' "Twin sister?" Weiss, Blake, and Yang asked. 'I have a twin sister, she has the same semblance as I do, fights with a parasol, and is also named after an ice cream. Her name is Neo' Weiss then says. "And why aren't you surprised, Ruby?" "He told me first. I promised him I wouldn't say anything" "Also, how do we know if you're any different from them?!" Weiss shouted at me, to which Blake interjected. "Hey! Don't yell at him!" "Well he was working with them! How do we know he's not as twisted as them?!" "Have you seen how he acts, like a normal person!" They continue arguing again until I hear. "You want to know why I despise the White Fang?! It's because they're a bunch of liars, thieves, and murderers!" "Well maybe we were just tired of being pushed around!" Did I hear that correctly? She said we, meaning she was in the White Fang as well. Weiss steps back as Blake realized what she said. "I..." She then grabbed my hand and rushed out of the room. I didn't know what to think, so I just decided to go with her. I hear Ruby yell. "Blake! Sherbet! Wait! Come back!"

We kept running until we were in front of a statue. "Sorry for dragging you into this, Sherbet..." 'It's fine, you needed some time, and I was also in your place once' "I...have something to show you Sherbet" She then looks at me and removes her bow, revealing cat ears under them. 'You're a faunus?' "Yeah" 'I appreciate you telling me this, Blake. I'll keep this secret for you' "Thanks Sherbet." She then hugs me. "I'm just...glad I have someone to talk to about this" We then hear another voice. "I knew you would look better without the bow"