Chapter 6: Forever Fall

Sherbet's POV

It's been a few days since Cardin started blackmailing Jaune. He's been doing his work for him since. I plan on talking to him about it today. I then hear my scroll go off. I pull it out to see that I got a text from Pyrrha. It read 'Any idea why Jaune has been staying out so late?' I text back, saying 'Yeah, I plan to talk to him about it today' 'Can you tell me what you think it is?' I debate whether I should tell her or not. I decide against it and respond. 'I'll tell you about it if things get worse, ok?' After a long pause, I get a reply. 'Ok' I could tell she probably wasn't happy with the answer I gave her. 

I was walking to my dorm, but on my way there, I see Ruby talking to Jaune. I hear Jaune say. "I'm starting to think coming to this school was a bad idea" I then throw a paper airplane at Jaune to get his attention. "Ow, hey!" I then hold up my notepad, which says. 'Read it, but not aloud.' Ruby then noticed me and said. "Hey Sherbet!" I gave her a wave in response and help up another page on my notepad. 'Sorry, continue with what you were saying' Ruby then gives him a pep talk on how he can't be a failure when he's a leader. After Ruby goes back into her dorm, he gets a call from Cardin. He was asking him for Rapier Wasps. I hold up my notepad. 'I'll take care of that, you read that note. We'll talk about it when I get back' I then walk out to get the Rapier Wasps. I can only wonder what they're for.

Jaune's POV

I read the note that Sherbet gave me before Ruby gave me her pep talk. It read 'I know that Cardin is blackmailing you. I haven't told your team about it yet, but if you need help, talk to me. I refuse to let my friend take on this matter alone. I'll see you when I get back.' So he knows about that, but how?

???'s POV

I watch Sherbet go out to the Emerald Forest to find Rapier Wasps. He looks so adorable in this moonlight. I would go after him now, but it would just cause the people at Beacon to send a search for him. I can't let that happen or else that will ruin our plans. Just you wait, my little ice cream cone.

Sherbet's POV

It was the next day. Last night, I managed to avoid getting stung and give the wasps to Jaune without being seen. Anyways, we were now in Forever Fall Forest. Ms. Goodwitch was telling us about how we weren't here to sightsee. "Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect sample from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure that none of you die while doing so." I looked back to see Jaune carrying the jars Cardin made him carry. Ms. Goodwitch then told us that we must get one jar of sap. She also told us to beware of grimm, seeing how this forest is full of them. I see Cardin pull Jaune away. I then see Pyrrha with a sad expression, looking at Jaune. I go over to her and show her my notepad. 'Don't worry, I talked to him yesterday. He's going to be fine.' She nodded and walked away with Nora and Ren. I went to get some sap for my own jar.

Jaune's POV