Chapter 4: Class

Sherbet's POV

I was reading a book when all of a sudden, there's a knock on my door. I open the door to see none other than Ruby. "Hey, can I talk to you about something?" I nod as I let her in and close the door. She then begins speaking. "When we confronted Torchwick at that dust shop, there's one thing that confused me. How did he know your name?" That was something I was hoping she didn't ask. I showed her my notepad. 'Promise you won't tell anyone?' "I promise." I then take a bit to write the whole explanation. I then show her it. 'I used to work with Torchwick. I didn't know any better at the time. I didn't clearly know what we were fighting for. I would question it sometimes, but always brush it off. Eventually, I couldn't take it after seeing all the chaos we were causing. I decided to escape, but it wasn't that easy. To escape, I had to fight my twin sister. I was able to distract her with a shot so I could escape. I haven't seen her since, and no doubt she'll come after me at some point.' I had a sad expression after I showed her. "So...you used to help him?" I nod, expecting an earful from her. "Your sister....what's her name?" I wrote on my notepad. 'Neopolitan, or Neo for short' "I'm glad you're on our side now" She said, which surprised me. "That shows that you have a sense of justice, you know what's right and wrong." I smile at that. 'Thanks Ruby' "No problem" Then she got up and went to walk out, but then said. "Like I promise, nobody else will hear about this unless you tell them yourself." I gave her a thumbs up as she walked out the door.

The Next Day

I woke up and sat up from my bed. I then rubbed my eyes and got out of my bed. I then went to my closet and got my school uniform. After I put it on, I ate an apple that I had and threw it out, then went to class. My first class was with Mr. Port.

I was sitting in class, listening to Professor Port. When, all of a sudden, team RWBY and JNPR ran in. "You're late" "Sorry!" Ruby responded to the professor. And so we continued class. Some people were struggling to stay awake from his lecture, like Ruby and Jaune. He then began telling a story from when he was younger, oh dear. When he was finished, he said. "The moral of the story? A true huntsman must be honorable, a true huntsman must be dependable, a true huntsman must be strategic, well educated, and wise. So, who among you believes them selves to be the embodiment of these traits?" He asks as Weiss and I put our hands up. I thought back to what Ruby told me yesterday as I put my hand up. "That shows you have a sense of justice, you know what's right and wrong." The Professor then said. "Well then, lets find out. Step forward and face your opponents." He gestured to two crates. 

We were both then in our combat clothes. "Ms. Schnee, you will go first while Sherbet will go second." Weiss readied her weapon as Professor Port let out a Boarbatusk. The other members of team RWBY cheered her on, yet she yelled at Ruby when she did. She then began fighting it. Ruby kept trying to give her advice, but Weiss just yelled at her for being a distraction. In the end, she succeeded, but still was mad at Ruby. "Now, Sherbet, it's your turn" I then got my umbrella out as he released another Boarbatusk at me. It charged at me as I dodge to the side. I then go for an attack, but it's able to stop my blade with it's tusks. I try and pull away, but my blade wouldn't budge, so I let go of my blade and jump back. "And it looks like you lost your weapon too" The Professor says as the Boarbatusk charges at me. I use my semblance to make it look like I'm there as I grab my weapon and the illusion I made shatters as the Boarbatusk collides with it. It then charges at me as I switch my umbrella to it's gun form and fire a few ice dust bullets at the ground in front of it. As it crashes into the ice made from the dust bullets, it stops and I take this chance to stab it's belly with my blade, killing it. Professor Port then compliments us and dismisses class. 

I was later in my room, getting ready for bed. Ok, teeth brushed, clothes ready, showered, yup I'm ready for bed. I then lay on my bed and fall asleep. 

??? POV

I watched as Sherbet went to sleep. So it was true, he did train to become a huntsman. No matter, we can still proceed with this plan. I then smirked a bit and said. "Don't get too comfortable, my little ice cream cone, soon you'll be back where you belong, with us, with me. You will be mine."