°22- Hospital°

{Kaneki's POV}

I walked into Anteiku only to find a few customers and the manager.
"Hello, sir. Where is everyone?" I asked, walking over to him.
"Ah, Kaneki..." He said.
"Has something happened?" I asked.
"Well, Touka and Nishiki are at hospital-"
My eyes widened, "What!? Why?" I shouted, shocked.

"Because of Y/n." Yoshimura replied.
"Did she do something?" I questioned.
"No... She fainted in the streets."
"What!?" I gasped as my heart beat rapidly in my chest.
"Hai... I do hope she is alright."
I bowed and said, "Thank you, sir. Do you happen to know what hospital she is at?"

Yoshimura looked down at me and whispered, "The same hospital you got an organ transplant."
I shivered at the memories.
"Ah, okay. Thank you sir!" I said, running out of the small coffee shop and to the hospital.
Please be okay... You've been through too much, my love. I thought, biting my lip as I walked.

|Time skip|

After arriving at the hospital, I walked over to the customer service.
"Hello, how can I help?" A lady asked, staring at me suspiciously through her oval glasses.
I gulped and replied, "I'm looking for Y/n L/n."
"And why's that?" She asked, tapping away on her computer.

God, do you wanna know everything!? I thought, half glaring at her.
"Look, I'm her boyfriend, and I'd appreciate it if you told me what room she's in right now." I said, aching coming from my back.
No, not now... I thought, gritting my teeth and resisting the urge to unravel my kagune.

The lady slowly looked up at me, then back down at her computer.
"Room ten..." She sighed.
"Arigato." I said quickly, walking to room ten.
Once there, I knocked on the door and waited a bit.
I smiled to see Nishiki opening the door.

"Ken! Good to see you, man." Nishiki whisper shouted.
"Why are we whispering...?" I asked as he let me in and closed the door behind me.
"Look for yourself." A feminine voice came.
I turned around to see Touka, sat on a seat.
"Hello, Touka-Chan." I smiled.
"Hey." She said, her gaze averting to a hospital bed.

My eyes traveled from Touka to the girl in the hospital bed. My eyes widened as I walked over to her.
"Y/n- Chan..." I whispered, moving a few strands of hair away from her face.
She was sleeping, but had a mask to help her breathe.
"Do you guys know what happened?" I asked, kissing Y/n's cheek before turning to my friends.

Nishiki started it off, "Well, on the news it said that there were a bunch of ambulance's surrounding what they described was Y/n. So, I told Touka and we rushed here."
Touka then finished it, "Yeah... The doctor said he believes she fainted due to shock."

Shock, huh. I thought, thanking them and turning my attention back towards my sleeping girlfriend.
"We'll give you two some privacy." Nishiki smiled and opened the door.
"Yeah, call us whenever." Touka smiled as well as she walked to the door.
"See you." I said as they walked out and closed the door behind them.

I sighed and said, "Why does it always have to be you, Y/n? Why do you have to go through so much pain, when you don't deserve it? I love you, and all I want is for you to be safe."
I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers, longing for her soft lips to kiss me back.

All I wanted to hear was the words, "I love you, Kaneki." Escape from her delicate lips, but to no avail.

I let a few tears slip down my cheeks as I looked down at my sleeping girlfriend.

"... You will wake up, right?"