°39- Waiting°

Before starting, I'd just like to say thank you so much to MrsSuzuya_, and LeafpoolPotato for helping me with this story. They have both came up with amazing ideas, and I'm mixing them up a bit, as well as putting them together. Thank you. ❤️

{Kaneki's POV}

"WHAT!?"

After telling Touka what happened, she was screaming down the phone, as if she was mad at me.
I didn't blame her. I wish I could've came quicker.

"Yes, you heard me."

"WELL WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT!?" Touka screamed down the phone.

I squinted my eyes shut and held the phone away from me. God, her voice was loud.

"That's why I called you." I replied, glancing down at Y/n worriedly.

"You are so stupid..." Touka muttered. I nodded, even though she couldn't see me.

"*Sigh* come to Anteiku, you Baka. Hurry up, otherwise I'll slice your throat open, okay?~" Touka said, in a fake nice voice.

I gulped and said, "O-okay..."

~Call declined~

I sighed and put my phone away, bending down to carefully pick up Y/n. Surely they'd have something at Anteiku... Surely....

|Time skip|

After arriving at the closed coffee shop, I slowly managed to push open the doors and walk in, making it close behind me as the small bell chimed.

"Get here now." I heard a familiar feminine voice growl.
I looked up from Y/n to see Touka glaring at me, her arms crossed and her food tapping on the floor impatiently.

"Hi?" I said nervously as I made my way over to her.
"Shut up." She spat, looking down at Y/n, her expression changing slightly.
I was shocked as I saw tears fill up in Touka's eyes.

Touka had feelings?

"Are you going to cry?" I asked, staring down at Touka.
Her purple eyes widened slightly as she looked up at me, soon closing them and smirking, saying, "What? No."
But, I knew deep down she was going to.

I shrugged it off and glanced down at Y/n.
"Since you made it on time... I unfortunately won't have the pleasure of cutting your throat to pieces..." Touka sighed, looking dissapointed.

I sighed in relief, but I was scared, because she was acting like a phycopath.

But, I guess that's just Touka summed up.

"What should we do?" I asked, changing the subject.
"Oh! Sir knows." Touka said, turning around.
I followed her as she begun walking to Yoshimura's office.

Touka knocked on the door, and we waited for a few moments before hearing a faint, "Come in."
Touka pushed open the door and walked in, waiting for me to walk in before shutting it.

I heard Yoshimura sigh in disbelief as he examined Y/n.
"Bring her here." He said, gesturing over to a sofa that was, for some reason opposite him.
I did as he asked, and layed my girlfriend down slowly and gently on the sofa.

"What did she do?" Yoshimura asked, his eyes squinted slightly.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked, quite annoyed. I could feel Touka's stare burning through me from behind, so I shut up quickly.

"..." Yoshimura was silent for a few minutes, and immediately regretted what I said.

"Sir, I'm-" But before I could finish, Yoshimura said,

"Please leave. Both of you."

I sighed and headed for the door, ignoring Touka's confused stare.
What was his problem? What was he going to do?

I gritted my teeth and opened the door, walking out.

I hate life. Honestly.

But she's the only thing that keeps me alive..

Why does she keep getting hurt? She doesn't deserve this. She's my love, and I should protect and love her forever and always.

I walked out of Anteiku, in attempt to clear my head a bit.

I trusted Yoshimura was going to help Y/n...

{Touka's POV}

After Kaneki walked out, looking quite annoyed, I asked, "Sir, why do you want us to get out?"

"Because I do. Is that a problem?" Yoshimura asked, lifting his head up so he could look at me.

Seriously, this old guy-

"No, no problem sir." I said, pulling a fake smile and turning around.

I felt his stare burning holes through me, so I quickly walked out of the room and shut the door behind me.

He better make Y/n better, or else.