°27- The Awakening°

{Kaneki's POV}

I gasped and rushed into Y/n's hospital room. After hearing about the bad news, I needed to get her somewhere safe.
Even if she didn't have long to live...

I shook my thought away and searched for the doctor, despite my last encounter with him.
I was relieved when another doctor walked into the room, smiling.
"Hello." He said, smiling at me.
I quickly returned the smile. He looked quite young.

"Hi." I said.
"I have some good news." The doctor said.
I really didn't have time, but I nodded, hoping he'd say it quickly.
"We have run a few more tests on Y/n, and we have clarified that she is just in a coma, and she will live." The doctor said.
I thanked God and said, "Thank you... So much."

"She may need to stay here until she wakes up though..." The doctor muttered, walking over to his desk.
My eyes widened in shock. Stay!?
I started to panic.
No, with the things that are going to happen to her, she couldn't stay!

"U-uh, well... You see-" I stuttered, trying to think of an excuse.
He can't find out. I thought, biting my lip hard.
"Yes?" The doctor said, writing something down.
"H-her family are moving away," I lied, placing a finger on my chin." Yes, they are moving away, and would like to see her before they leave."

The doctor raised an eyebrow as I gulped.
"Can't they come here?" He asked.
"N-no... They can't." I said, touching my chin again.
The doctor sighed and nodded.
"She should wake up soon..." He muttered before leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

I wiped my forehead and let out a sigh of relief. If he really knew what was going on, he'd kick me out!
I smiled at the thought of Y/n waking up.
All I wanted to do was see her beautiful e/c orbs, glistening in the sunlight.
All I wanted was to see her warm smile once again.
All I wanted to do was head her angelic voice.
I wanted to do so many things.

{Y/n's POV}

I heard something or someone beside me. Then, I felt a hand touch mine.
What was going on?
Still, all I could see was darkness.
That's all I've been hearing for over two weeks... Voices and voices.
When was I going to wake up?
Was I ever going to wake up?

That's when I heard the sound of someone walking in, and the sound of machines clicking off.
I felt something come off of my face and people talking.
What was going on...?
That's when I heard someone say, "Thank you." And lift me up in a bridal style.

I was so shocked and confused. I was frustrated, because I couldn't open my eyes.
Ugh.... What was happening?

{Kaneki's POV}

I somehow managed to get Y/n out of the hospital room again.
I was so happy, holding her in my arms.
Despite her still being in a coma, she still looked beautiful.
She was still the same Y/n I fell in love with...

I decided to take her to my house.
After all, it was safe there.
I had to take Y/n out of the hospital early, because I found out through Nishiki that the CCG were going to break into the hospital and kill Y/n.
This thought angered me even more.

I knew that I had to go and fight them, so I hurried to my apartment.

|Time skip|

After getting to my apartment, I let myself in and shut the door behind me.
I sighed heavily and looked down at Y/n. I could hear her struggling in her sleep.
I decided to let her rest on my bed, so I walked into my bedroom and layed her down.

She squirmed a little, making me giggle.
Please wake up. I thought, hoping she'd wake up.

My eyes widened as I saw Y/n's beautiful e/c orbs open slowly.
She groaned and stretched, loosening her muscles.
My breath hitched in my throat as I continued to look at her.
She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Y-y/n..." I whispered, my voice almost inaudible.
I couldn't believe this. Was it a dream?
I watched as her e/c eyes widened as she stared at me.
Tears filled my eyes as she said, "K-kaneki...?"
She hadn't forgotten.

I let my tears fall down my face as I walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her tightly.
She giggled and did the same as we layed down on my bed.
She tangled her fingers into my white hair and stared at me, tears falling down her face as a beautiful smile appeared on her.

"Why are you... Crying?" I asked as she burried her face into my chest and sobbed.
I let go of her waist and tangled my fingers into her hair, whispering soothing words into her ear.
"K-kaneki..." She cried.
I placed my hand under her chin and lifted her face up to look at me.

I smiled down at her as our eyes locked." It's me, Y/n- Chan." I said, her name was like a lost word, that I hadn't said in about a lifetime.
"I... Kaneki, how-" She was a stuttery mess, which made me giggle.

"Look, I know you have a lot of questions, but before you get the answers to them, can we just stay like this for a bit? I miss hugging you, my love." I said, nuzzling my face into the crook of her neck and kissing it.
Oh, how long I've waited to hold her in my arms and kiss her.

She smiled and said, "I'd like that."
I lifted my head up and stared at her soft lips, that were just begging to meet mine.
I slowly came closer to her face, gently caressing her cheek in the process.
I saw a pink blush on her cheeks as I layed my lips on hers.
Closing my eyes, I took in her sweet scent.

She fluttered her eyes closed and kissed me back, her hands travelling up to my hair.
I didn't want it to end.
All I wanted to do was taste her.
All I wanted to do was to tell her how much I loved her and how much I missed her.

I mumbled into the kiss,

"I love you, Y/n- Chan... I love you so much. Some people say things aren't perfect, but to me, you are. I love you more than words and actions can describe. You mean the world to me, and I've missed you so much. Just let me hold you in my arms, and never let you go again, my love."