Two Days Later

The initiates have today off, so my friend, Ezekiel (or Zeke as we all call him normally) has planned a game of 'Candor or Dauntless'. All the initiates, and a few members, are going. The members, are Me, Zeke, Four, Lauren, Shauna (My best friend) and Tori (another friend who is a tattoo artist).

Shauna is taking me shopping in five minutes. She says that I need some new, amazing clothes. She won't listen to me when I say that I don't need new clothes. (If I ever do, then Eric will buy me some. He is cute like that!) Urgh... Shauna just arrived... Time for torture!.....

Late That Night

Candor or Dauntless was fun!

#Flashback#

We all gather in the Training Room.

"Right, everyone sit down, in a circle!" Zeke yells.

Once we are all sat, Shauna speaks up. "You know the game! Candor or Dauntless! For those of you who don't know, it is Truth or Dare! If you refuse to answer a question, or do a dare, you have a choice of doing a consequence dare, drinking a shot for every person in the room, removing an item of clothing, or dropping out of the game!"

"I'll start!" Zeke yells. "My dear brother, Uriah. Candor or Dauntless?"

"Dauntless. I ain't a Pansycake!" A cheer goes up from the other Dauntless-born initiates.

"You sure about that?!" I chip in laughing, causing everyone else to laugh.

Uriah glares at me.

"Uriah, I dare you to finish every sentence with, 'in my bed', for the rest of the game!" Zeke says trying to seem serious, after everyone has calmed down a bit.

"Fine, in my bed! I'll get you for this, Zeke, in my bed!" Uriah growls, while grinning. "Urgh, in my bed! I'm gonna kill you, in my bed! You are just plain evil, in my bed!"

We all burst out into new laughter, annoying him even more.

"Cat, Candor or Dauntless, in my bed?" Uriah asks me.

"Dauntless, duh! But not in your bed!" I roll my eyes, laughing

"I dare you to go and find Eric, and try to convince him that Max is retiring, and you are taking his place, so you are in charge."

"Sure! Who's going to witness?" I leap to my feet. "And by the way, Uri, you forgot to say 'in my bed' for the last sentence!"

"Me!" Chorused Four and Zeke. "I'll witness!"

We three race out of the Training Room, and towards Eric's apartment.

While my brother and Zeke hide just down the corridor, I knock on Eric's door.

He answers the door, a towel around his waist. He has obviously just got out of the shower. "Cat? What do you want? I thought you were hanging out with Shauna tonight."

"Yeah. I was. I just wanted to let you know, that Max says he is retiring, and that I am taking his place! So I will be your boss!"

"I don't believe you! Let me guess. You guys have joined Zeke's game of Candor or Dauntless?"

I grin. "You can tell that you were Erudite! Come join us!"

"And hang out with all the little initiates?! Can you really see me doing that?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I'll be there. And I think it is finally time to tell Four about us." I tempt him, whispering, knowing that Four and Zeke are listening, and knowing he doesn't like keeping our relationship hidden.

"Fine. For you." He mutters back. He goes back inside.

'What's going on?" Four mouths at me.

'Hang on.' I mouth back, as Eric comes back out, dressed, but with damp, ruffled hair. I smile at it.