That Night After Dinner

"Mr Coulter? Miss Eaton? If you would come with me please." Kang said from behind us.

Eric and I stood, and Tris and Tobi slid our trays towards them, silently telling us that they'd sort them out for us.

We smiled, before following Jack Kang out of the Candor cafeteria, up to his office.

"Please sit." He told us, indicating the chairs in front of his desk, as he shut the door.

We sat, and he did the same behind his desk, resting his elbows on his desk, and his chin on his finger tips thoughtfully.

"So, Mr Coulter, we need to decide what we do with you now. Obviously, what we want to ask you to do, is to go back to Erudite, as our inside spy, and report back to us about what Jeanine is up to. We-" Kang began.

"No! Don't send him back please." I interrupt.

"Let him finish, babe." Eric gently took my hand, soothingly, before nodding to Kang to continue.

"We would need to find a way of sending you back that isn't suspicious, so that Jeanine doesn't one, hurt you, and two, lash out at Miss Eaton and her friends and family." Kang explained. "Of course, only if you agree to going back and spying for us."

"Of course I will. I owe you for listening to my girl, and saving my life." Eric consented.

"No! Eric! Please don't! You cant leave me again! What if you get hurt?!" I exclaimed upset.

"Cat, baby, me going to spy will be for the good of you, and for the good of the city. I need to." He said softly.

"NO!" I wrenched my hand from his grasp, and ran out, tears blurring my vision.

I ran completely out of Candor territory, and when I finally stopped running, and fell to my knees, I was in an alley near Dauntless HQ.

I heard slowing footsteps behind me, and they stopped next to me.

Eric knelt, and pulled me into his arms, rocking back and forth.

"I'm sorry, kitten, but I need to. For your safety."

"Id rather hand myself over to Jeanine." I choked out past the sobs wracking my body.

"Baby you cant. You need to help those left to defeat Jeanine." He told me softly.

"Please don't leave me again, Eric." I plead, still crying. "I've only just got you back!"

"I know... I know... And I hate to go, but as I said before, I have to for you and the for the good of the city." His eyes began to spill tears he'd been holding back.

I reached up and wiped the tears from his cheeks, before wrapping my arms around his neck, and pushing my face into the side of his neck, just above my arm.

After a few minutes, as we calmed down, I dozed off, emotionally exhausted, and Eric stood, cradling me in his arms, and carefully made his way back to Candor HQ.

A/N

Heyy!!!!

Hope you love the new chapter!

I may not update till after Christmas, as obviously there are less than 4 days left to go. Wow. That realisation just hit me as I wrote that... I need to wrap my mum and my siblings presents up!!!!!!!

Anyways, MERRY CHRISTMAS, or which other event you celebrate at this time of year, or Happy Winter, if you don't celebrate Christmas or anything.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Cause I doubt I'll update by the New Year. Wow... End of a Decade...

Soon we'll all have 2020 vision...

Get it? No? Ok. Sorry. I'll stop.

Love Y'all So Much!!!

Thanks For All Your Support!!!!

Soph. Xx