The Next Night

(NOTE FROM AUTHOR: Hi! Its me Soph. The song above, I'm not sure if it relates to this chapter, but this is the song I had playing on repeat when typing up my written notes for this chapter. Please listen to it!!! Thanks!! If you like it, it is called "Out Of Touch" by Dove Cameron. Thanks!!! Soph. Xx)

I'm so confused! Why is Erudite so intent on taking Divergents back to their HQ?!

Last night, as the group of us going to spy on Erudite gathered, Erudite and the Dauntless traitors launched an attack.

They shot simulation disc darts at us, that put everyone to sleep except the Divergents.

Tris and I faked unconsciousness till the soldiers had passed. When the coast was clear, we made our way to the weapons locker. Once there, we found Uriah, who tried to help us break the lock using a fire extinguisher. The sound attracted some of the soldiers, including Eric.

He moved up close to me.

"Its really good to see you again." He murmured, stroking my cheek, before remembering about the soldiers, and tying my wrists together, as the others were doing for Tris and Uriah.

He dragged me into the Candor lobby, Tris and Uriah being dragged behind us.

He shoved me to the ground by Max's feet, knowing my Divergent percentage, and began walking around the other found Divergents.

He scanned a boy, with the same machine I'd been scanned with at Amity, and when it only said "Divergent. 10%" he shot him.

He moved on to a little girl, no older than 8. He scanned her, and the voice emitted told him, "Divergent. 40%." He tutted, and aimed his gun at her head. Just as he was about to shoot her, Tris managed to push to her feet, and slam into Eric.

He leapt on her, chocking her, as she tried to fight back.

"Eric! We still need to test her. Jeanine said we have to test them all." Max interfered, and Eric let go.

Max scanned Tris, and the voice told him, "Divergent. 100%."

Eric grinned. "You're gonna wish I killed you." He sneered at her.

"Get her and Cat into a vehicle. I'll alert Jeanine that we have the two she needs." Max ordered, before leaving.

Eric and the other soldiers, cleared the other Divergents out of the room, before hauling us off the ground, and dragging us towards the front of Candor.

Just before we got there, Tobi came out of nowhere, and slammed into Eric, shoving him to the ground, as loyal Dauntless soldiers appeared, aiming guns at Eric and the Dauntless traitors.

The traitors detaining me and Tris were arrested, and removed from the room, as Tobi cut the wrist ties around mine and Tris' wrists.

Eric grunted, pushing himself to his feet.

"Its lucky you've got that gun, Four. We both know you were never much without one." He provokes.

Tobias handed his gun to one of the loyal soldiers, and Eric lunged at him.

The fight was brief, and Tobias dragged Eric by his leg into the lobby where we had just been, and thrust him into a sitting position in the middle of the floor.

Someone put one of the wrist ties from me and Tris, around Eric's wrists, trapping his hands in front of him.

"You think they're safe now?" Eric asked Tobi. "You're wrong. Cause they aren't. Jeanine wont stop searching for them."

"Why? What does she want with them? Tell me." Tobi threatened.

"Look, all I know is they're exactly what Jeanine needs. The perfect subjects." Eric smirked.