Chapter 21

Two weeks had passed and I really needed to get my shit together. I woke up early and went straight to Noah's room. I stayed with him until 5:00 am and then I got up again and went for a run. I ran until it was 7:00 am and then went home to be with Noah.

When I got home Charles was looking for me. "Where did you go luv?"
"I went for a run. Is Noah up yet?"
"No he isn't, are you okay?"
"I'm fine, I'm gonna go take a shower and then feed Noah when he's awake." I say trying to pass by him when he pulls me closer to him. I can smell his strong cologne.
"Are you sure you're okay luv?"
"I'm sure." I looked down at his hand and then he lets go.
~~~~
After I feed Noah, he played a little bit then went back to sleep. I sat there with him, just watching him sleep when I get a call from the NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital, saying that they have an open position for a nurse. I didn't think twice about it and said yes. I go back to my room and immediately start packing up.

"Is there anything else I can help you with Ms. Blake?" Asks the driver.
"No, that's it thank you." I say as he puts my bags in the trunk. Just as I was about to get in the car, Charles car pulls up.
"Woah woah woah woah! Where are you going luv?" He asks as he gets out and rushes to the door.
"I got the job at the hospital so I need to go back to my house. This-this was very nice of you to let me stay but I can't, not anymore. I need to go." I get closer to him and kiss him on the cheek.
"You can always come and see Noah."

"But-" I cut him off when I close my car door. I make sure Noah is ok and adjusted before pulling off.

~~~~~~
We get home safe and sound and while I was unpacking, I come across the box that Leroy gave to me. I didn't want to open the box because I wasn't ready to know where my biological father was. Or maybe I was afraid to know, maybe I just hated him so much that I don't even care to know where he is. So I left the box in my closet, and then closed the closet door. Maybe I didn't want the answers to my questions.

I pick up Noah and place him in his crib beside my bed. I opened my laptop to see my schedule for work and as I was looking at my laptop my phone rings and it was Charles.

I looked at my phone thinking if I should answer it.......... Maybe I should answer him. "So I know that you're gonna start working at the hospital soon so I thought that maybe my nanny can stay with Noah when you're at work."
"I was thinking more like a babysitter and not a nanny. I mean that costs a lot of money."
"Don't worry about that." I let out a sigh.
"For the last time I don't want your money when it comes to Noah or me so I'll get a babysitter that will work with my work hours and you can help with whatever you want to."

"Then let me help by having my nanny take care of Noah when you're at work."
"Charles....."
"Please let me help, I mean she raised four kids and she was my nanny when I was younger. She can take care of Noah. She's family." I thought about it for a second.
"Fine, she can look after Noah."
"Thank you! Any ways how's my little man doing?" I looked over at Noah and he's still playing in his crib.
"He's playing right now."
"Mmmmmm, so what else have you guys been up too?"

From there on, we talked all night long.