Chapter 39

Michael's POV
24 hours before
"Here.......Charles are you sure you want to drug her?" He took one last look at the pill and then looks at me. "It's the only way to keep her safe from Ana." Adam and I share a look. "You can't be serious, Charles, you do know that if you do this, she might not forgive you right?" Adam says, trying to talk some sense into my brother.

"I know but......... I need to focus on Noah right now."
"But Charles-" I say, but he cuts me off.
"Drop it Michael, I've already made my decision about this. No one and I mean no one, is going to change my mind. It's done." Charles has always had this stubbornness, where he never listened to anything that anyone said to him but by the end of the day he always pays the consequences.

"Since I know Natalie, I know that she'll probably end up hating you and will file for custody of Noah, but hey, it's your funeral brother. Be stubborn all you want. Pay back is a bitch." I had hoped that would get into his thick skull but he just leaves and goes upstairs to where Natalie is.

I turned to Adam with my bourbon in hand. "It's going to be my brother's funeral for real. You better get him a good lawyer Adam." Adam chuckled.
"He's as stubborn as his brother."
"Me? I'm stubborn when I need to be, but him, he does it just to piss people off." Adam laughs, and goes to get a glass of bourbon.

When Charles comes back, we all went to the police station, and waited for any news.

"It looks like the four guys from the photo, are all people that had worked in your companies Mr. Calvin." The officer says as he puts the photo on the table. "What would they want with my son though? Why come after me?" Charles asks himself. "Easy answer brother. They're probably trying to get back at you. You were a dick, asshole, and a bitch and you fired all four of them, remember?" I said.

"Yea, I remember them. But why work with Ana?" He questions. I ignore him, pick up the photo and just start talking about what I know.
"Easy, see this one, his name is Ray. Father of three, he had another on its way and is married. You fired him over.... the fact that he didn't send in the right papers for an important meeting. Last time I checked, he works at a bus station, and it doesn't pay much to provide for his family."
"How do you know all this Mike?" Adam asks. "Just because I don't work there doesn't mean our father hated me so much to not keep me informed."

"All of them I fired. But why go after Noah? He's just a baby. Why not go after me directly?"  I put my hand on his shoulder and look into his eyes. "Because you fired them and you made their lives miserable. Some of them lost their families. For example, Ben and Aylin here, they had families but they lost them when they couldn't provide for their families anymore. Both of them had fours kids and a wife. Their wives couldn't take it anymore so they left them, with their kids. Aylin, he became an alcoholic, while Ben.......... he just got out of jail." His face dropped

"Now your son...... he's paying for all your sins. All because his father is a dick."
"Who's side are you on?" He asks me. "I'm on your side but as your brother, I hate you sometimes, because you're a total dick, and a douche bag. Noah, doesn't deserve any of this."