Chapter 49

"Tell me it's not true." He says angrily.
"I called, I wrote, but you didn't answer me. A month later you were gone. And I didn't know what to do, so I did what I thought was right." I pushed him away from me.
"I guess it doesn't matter now does it? I just have one question. Would you have done the same thing with Charles if you were having Noah back then?"
"No." I say honestly. I could see tears welling up in his eyes and I tried so hard to not cry. "I guess life is unfair, but mark my words Natalie, I'll do anything when it comes to protecting my family. And that means fighting for Noah since you aren't family anymore." He leaves the room and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders but it wasn't over yet. I still had to fight for my son.

~~***~~~
When we get back to the courtroom, it was Adam's turn to take the stand. Elizabeth was questioning him. "So Mr. Johnson, how do you know Mrs. Blake?"
"I knew her before we actually met, Zoe, she's my girlfriend and they're cousins so she would talk about her sometimes."
"Okay, what can you tell me about how Natalie acts when it comes to her son?"
"She cares for him." He replies. "Okay, how about when it comes to me?" She turns to face me. "She dislikes you." He says. "No more questions, your honor." She goes to sit down and Ella gets up and starts asking her questions.

After Adam was done, it was Leroy's turn. "So Mr. Micheals, what's your relationship with Mrs. Blake?" Ella asked.
"She's my daughter." He says shortly.
"But why didn't she know about you growing up?"
"Because I left her and her mom, and I regret it. Everyday." I didn't care about his apology, my blood was boiling. I was so zoned out and in my own little head, I didn't even hear Leroy leave the stand. I was in my own little world, just thinking about Noah. I can't lose this case, I can't lose my baby.

When I snapped out of it, Elizabeth and Ella both had already questioned Leroy and now it was Daisy's turn.

"So Miss. Micheals, did you or did you not see Mrs. Calvin drug Mrs. Blake?" She was biting at her nails and I could see that she was nervous, all I needed her to do is tell the truth. "No, no your honor I didn't." What? Wtf? Why would she just lie like that. Ella stops and looks between me and Daisy. "Miss. Micheals, I'll ask you one last time. Are you sure that you didn't see Mrs. Calvin drug your sister?" Ella repeated the question. "No I didn't." I knew I should've brought the tapes! But I trusted that Daisy would have my back, that we didn't need the tapes. I felt sick to my stomach.

"No further questions your honor." Ella comes back to sit down. Elizabeth stands up to question her.
"So Miss. Micheals, why did you say that you saw me drug her?"
"I was confused, that's all." I wanted to cry but I had to keep my cool.
"No more questions your honor." And that was it. Now it's up to the judge to make the decision.
We all stood up and the judge starting talking. "When it comes to 11 month old Noah Calvin, I think that given the history of anxiety and family issues with Mrs. Blake, Noah would be better off with his father, Charles Calvin. Mrs.Blake, you can work with Mr. Calvin to set up regular visits whenever you want." I felt so sick, I couldn't believe it. I look over and see Charles, Adam, Michael and Elizabeth all cheering. I watched as they all walked out of the courtroom. I headed straight to the bathroom.

Why me? Why did this have to happen to me? Why? I wiped my face when I heard the bathroom door open. "Natalie........ I'm so sorry."
"Go away Daisy." She didn't leave.
"I'm sorry, I really am."
"Why did you change your story?"
"Elizabeth, She has something on me, she has something on everyone. Even dad-"
"Leroy, isn't my dad. My dad died a long time ago." I got up and left the bathroom.

Zoe, Finn, Scar, and Ella were outside waiting for me. "You okay?" Finn asked as he took me in his arms. "No." We didn't want the press all up in our faces so we left out the back door.

~~**~~

"Here...... just make sure to like, feed him and-"
"I know." Charles says as he takes Noah into his arms. "Also sing to him before he goes to sleep, and give him, his favorite bear. It'll help him sleep." I said while crying. I kissed Noah's forehead before Charles put him in his car seat. "You can visit him whenever you want."
"I'm moving. I'll try to visit him whenever I can. Just tell him that I love him." He nods and straps Noah in before closing his car door. "Where are you going?"

"Why do you care?" I asked. "Because you're Noah's mom and he'll need you." I had tears in my eyes now and I didn't have time for that. "Just know that, I'm going to go work on some things, and sooner or later I'll have Noah back with me, where he belongs. Until then..... just make sure he knows how much I love him." He nods, gets in his car and leaves.