Chapter 22

{Flashback} "Mommy mommy, look what I made." I handed it to her, I made a photo of our family when I was in first grade. "Oh baby it's beautiful, but who's this?" She pointed to one of the drawings I did. "Well that's you and that's me and that's daddy. We're all one big family." She smiled and kissed my forehead. "Yes we are."
{end of flashback}
"Earth to Natalie." I hear as I snap back to reality. "Sorry." I said as Amber hands me my patient files for the day. "Okay here, you have two kids that just came in and one that is hurt pretty badly but you got this." She says.

I open up the files for the day and went to my first patient to see that it's a five year old, with her mother. I walked in the room and she looked fine to me. "Hi my name is Natalie Blake and I'll be your nurse until your doctor comes in so now Joe what's seems to be problem?" I asked the little girl. She seemed very quiet and didn't say much so her mom started to talk.
"I'm sorry Joe can be a little bit quite sometimes."
"Ohh it's okay. So what brings you here today?"
"Joe has been vomiting a lot lately, sometimes she would lose her appetite, and last night she was feeling dizzy. I didn't think it was anything serious but when she woke up and she was still feeling dizzy and didn't have an appetite for breakfast I knew something was wrong. Nurse what's wrong with my baby?"
I think I have an idea of what could be the problem but I wouldn't say anything until I had some test done.

"I have a few ideas but I'll be able to get more of a clear understanding after I've run some test." I can tell that she was scared.
I took a blood test and had it running in the lab, while I went to get the doctor.
I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. "Come in" I walked inside to find the doctor grabbing his paperwork. "You must be Natalie, I'm Jayson Williams. I guess today you're stuck with me." I let out a low laugh. He grabbed the papers and we started walking to Joe's room, but he stopped right before we walked in and said "Tell me three things that she's been going through, without looking at the papers."
"Okay let's see..... she's been vomiting, loss of appetite and she's been feeling dizzy."

"That's good now I need you to go get the test results back and I'll be here talking to the kid.
~~~
I go get the blood test results and see her blood is clear.
"Their seems to be nothing wrong with your patient, She's in the clear." The lab said. I go back to Joe's room and when I get there she's gone. "Where's Joe?" I asked one of the other nurses. "She passed out and they took her to the other room." Shit. I think I know what's wrong with her.

So I ran back to where she was placed for now and I see her mom and Doctor Williams standing by her bed waiting for her to wake up but I knew what she had, so I pulled Jayson outside.
"I know what's wrong with her but in order for her to tell me and confirm it, I need her mom out of the room." He looks at me for a moment.
"This better be good, because I'm starting to like you Rookie." He then turned an grabbed the mom to take her outside while I went in. Joe sat there quietly.

"Hey."
"......" she didn't say anything.
"Joe when was the last time you ate something?" She looked at me and I can tell she's trying to think of a lie to tell me. Out of nowhere she broke down and started crying. "Hey hey it's okay, I know what you're going through I've been there, and I know it sucks but you need to eat something, please."
"I can't..... I don't want to look.... fat.... or too skinny either."
"How old are you Joe?"
"Ten." She didn't look like her age at all. She's too skinny.
"How about this I'll tell you my story and you have to promise me that you will try to eat something, do it for your mom." She nodded her head.

~~~
"Okay now you have to eat." She looked a bit scared so I stepped in and helped her, "here, eat this first because it's the best they made. Just for you." She grabs it and eats it and then her mom comes in and she was surprised, with that I left leaving Joe eating her breakfast and with her mom at her side. "Wait Blake, how did you know she had Anorexia nervosa?" Doctor Williams asks me as he stands by the door way of Joe's room.

"Well It's because I had it, when I was 15."
"Well I just wanted to let you know that you did good today, keep it up kiddo." With that he leaves and it was already my break so I went to the cafeteria and got a salad. I was there paying for it, when I heard a voice behind me.
"Hey."
I turn around and see a tall guy with dark sunglasses on. Damn this guy is tall. But the voice, I've heard that voice before but where?
"Hi, do I know you?" I asked as I make my way back inside of the hospital, he follows me.
"You really don't remember me?"
"No, no I don't sorry." He takes of his glasses and now I can see his eyes and he had light blue eyes and darkish brown hair. "Ohhhh you're Michael, right? Charles's twin."

"And?" He says
"And....? I ummm seen you at the party Josie threw, right?"
"You still don't know who I am love? I thought I gave you time to actually remember who I was but I guess it wasn't enough. When he said the love part, I instantly knew who it was.
"Mike?" He smiles and hugs me so tight that I couldn't breathe and then he leans in and kisses me.
"Mike I can't. What are you even doing here?"