Chapter 27

"Wait Wait-tell me again who gave you this box?" Josie asks as she puts her hand over the box. "Leroy." She seemed surprised. "As in Elizabeth's step father?" She asks once again, "Yeah, as in Elizabeth's father." The first thing I saw when I opened it was a photo of my mother with someone holding a baby. "That must be your dad?" I look up to her and I nodded. As we went through the things, we came across another photo of her with the same man from before, but in this photo it looks like it's on her prom day. "They really did love each other." I looked up to her once again but this time I was mad, "If he loved her then he shouldn't have left her or me behind." She puts her hand over mine, "look we don't know why in the bloody hell Leroy gave you this but you have the chance to find you father, or at least figure out who he is. We might not know why he left but it's worth finding out and asking him."
"I guess so." With that we continue with looking through everything.

"Look." She says as she hands me a photo of a young man with my mother but as I turned the photo around a name was on it, Mrs and Mr. Michael. I was shocked when I turned it back around to see that the man kind of looked like Leroy. I handed it back to Josie, and I see that she looks shocked as well when she notices what I notice.

"Leroy as in Leroy Michael-so that means you, Elizabeth and Daisy are sisters." The room went quiet. "That can't be." I said as I looked for other stuff. I was looking and I found a photo of my mom in the hospital with a baby but on the back it said:
Williams St James-Blake Michael. Date of birth: June 18, 1990
Father: Leroy Michael
Mother: Caitlyn St James-Blake Micheal.
I was so shocked. "I never knew I had a brother." I say in disbelief.  Josie then found a letter with my name on it. "Here I found this." She says as she hands me the letter. "I can step out and watch Noah for you if you need space." I nodded, I trusted her. She grabbed Noah and they left the room.

I took another good look at the letter and I sigh. Here goes nothing, I thought to myself. I opened the letter and start reading.

Dear Natalie and Williams, I know that by now I'm not with you anymore and that now Natalie you have thousands of questions that you want to ask me but I promise that in this letter I'll try my best to answer them. In advance, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry that I didn't tell you where your father was, I thought that by keeping it a secret maybe... just maybe you'll be fine not knowing but I guess I was wrong. I always wanted to tell you but I was so scared of losing you and what could happen if you knew who or where he was, but now that I'm here writing this I see that I was wrong. I wanted to tell you everything I swear it, but your father was famous and I just thought that he didn't want to be bothered with another kid.... but I was wrong.
About six months ago I ran into him and he told me about how he had a change of heart and wanted to meet you so badly. I should've said yes but I knew that if you did meet each other you would end up hating him for leaving us but I want you to know that........ It wasn't entirely his fault. Our marriage fell apart after awhile. After we got married we were doing so great but you're father had a mind of his own. He always wanted to be someone famous and help others but I was fine with what we had. We tried to stay together and it worked a bit but after we had you, another reason to stay, It just didn't stick out. God I hate myself for not letting you see him. Baby I love you and I hope-I deeply hope that you forgive me, your father, and your other siblings.  And about Williams I never wanted to tell you about him because after Leroy and I split up he took him away. Please don't have any hurtful feelings towards your brother. I want you to meet again one day. I hope that you learn to forgive me.

Love Mom.