Chapter 53

This is the last chapter for 'How to steal a heart' so thanks for all of you who have made it this far. And thanks for all your comments, and support, I love reading it all. So yeah, let's hope everything goes right for Natalie, one last time.

I drove as fast as I could, thinking that maybe if I did that, it would help me clear my mind to forget about the kiss. But damn it didn't.
Shit, why now? Why when I was about to leave? Am I even making the best decision right now? Am I even a good mother? Do I even deserve a chance to visit Noah anymore?
Shit shit, think Natalie, what would your mother tell you? A mother knows best in these situations... in all situations.

When I arrived at my mom's old house, I went upstairs, where I had my suitcase and just stared at it. 'Should I go?'
I didn't want to leave, I just couldn't, not while I'm still thinking about the kiss with Charles. How soft his lips were, and how he had his arms around me while he kissed me deeply. Fuck! Why am I still thinking about this? Why now?

I sat down on the bed, and sighed.
'Should I really go? I mean, I should, but somethings holding me back.
Is it Noah? Or is it Charles?' I needed to think straight but right now, I couldn't. I was laying down on the bed, facing the ceiling, with my mind running a mile a minute. As I laid there, I heard a knock coming from downstairs. I got up, and went to the window to see who it was but I couldn't see much. All I saw was a 1969 black Chevy Camaro convertible with white lines parked outside the house. I didn't know anyone who had this car but it had to be someone who knows me very well, to know I would be here at my mom's old house.

I went downstairs and answered the door. "Hey. I thought you would be here." Why is he here? Why now? I thought he hated me. "Why are you here Leroy?" It was raining and he was soaking wet, but I didn't want to see or talk to him.

"Look...... Natalie, I know that I haven't been in your life for a long time but..... you shouldn't move just because you lost the case honey." I stepped out into the rain and now we're only a couple inches away from each other.
"Honey? You have some nerve coming to me and talking like we have some relationship. You didn't even acknowledge me as your daughter when you and Daisy went behind my black and testified in favor of your evil daughter Elizabeth. So fuck you! I think you should go now Leroy. Leave." I wasn't in the mood for his bs right now.

"I know what I did was bad but you have to understand, Elizabeth has something on all of us. I'm sorry. I love you kiddo." He tried to put his hand on my shoulder but I slapped it off. "I'm not your kid, I wish that my mother never met you back in high school." I couldn't tell if he was sad or something but I think my words really got to him.

"Please don't say that Natalie, I love you as much as I love Daisy and Elizabeth. I have been her dad since she was a teenager, before you. So what type of father would I be to say no to my child when they ask for help?"
"Help? She took my son away from me, and you call that helping? You helped your daughter take away your grandson from your other daughter. What type of messed up stuff is that? You know all my life, I was the only kid in school who didn't have a father. Sometimes I wished that I did but then I remembered that I had a great mom. A mom that would always go to every single basketball game, soccer game, baseball game, you name it. She was even there when I had my first fight. She was there, not you. Matter of fact, I barely even remember you. So I don't consider myself one of your daughters, at all! So please leave me the hell alone. Go to one of your other daughters because I'm no longer one of them Leroy. Goodbye." I step back inside and slammed the door in his face. I was angry at first, but then I just felt bad. All I wanted to do was cry, so that's what I did.

~~~~~~~
The next day, I woke up, and turned on the tv. I instantly see Charles and Elizabeth kissing, as they make there way to the red carpet. I guess the kiss from last night really was nothing. I was pissed now. I got up, turned the tv off, then went and got in the shower. I put on black jeans and a white shirt I found in my suitcase, I put my hair in a ponytail and grab my keys. I decided not to wear makeup today, I was pissed and it was hot anyway. I take one last look around the house, turn off the lights, grab my suitcases and head to my car.

I needed time to find myself and find some peace within myself, before I learn to forgive and forget. I had sold the car Charles gave me and used the money to find a place in Boston. I know what most of you might be thinking right now but trust me, I really need to do this for myself. I'll come every week to see Noah but in between time, I'll be finding myself.

So until I can find genuine love, until I can find some people that I can trust, until I can find the strength and resources to get Noah back with me forever, I'm gone. It'll take some time, but I know I can do it. And when I do, you'll hear from me again. Until then, kisses everyone.

Love Natalie St James Blake.