*not a quote, just an update*

There has been a bit of a change in my life: my family moved about a week ago to an entirely different area of the country.

To move when we did, my brother and I had to finish up our schoolwork about three weeks early. That's why I haven't posted a ton, even when I was back at my old high school: I was burying my head in my work, trying to tie up a million loose ends.

We're currently in summer vacation, which obviously means I won't be able to quote anything from school, seeing as I'm not in it. But I began to have concerns about the future of this book when I started looking back at the "bad side" of this series.

I do love sharing weird quotes and making people laugh - and my friends all know that I might share the things they say. Some people who aren't my friends even know about the book. However, this has had some...unintended side effects. 

Even though I don't include people's names in quotes, I don't always feel good about putting their words in here without asking for their permission. Most of them will never find this account and have probably already forgotten about me (if they knew me to begin with) but it still makes me uncomfortable thinking that people might not want their words to be in here. Personally, I would feel like everything I said was being monitored. (It's kind of ironic - I don't think I'd be comfortable with someone else putting me in a book like this, and yet I do it to dozens of people. Makes me feel pretty bad.)

Also, it impacted the conversations I had with my friends. Sometimes, we were having a very funny conversation - one that doesn't really make sense out of context, not even just as a weird quote - and I pulled out my phone to check the time, text someone, et cetera. But then someone asked if I was about to put the conversation in the book or if I could quote something they had just said. Sometimes it felt like people were trying to say something funny to get in the book instead of just talking normally and enjoying the humor at the moment. It made a few of our conversations feel very artificial and those moments made me seriously think about stopping the book then and there.

I'm not sure if I will continue this book. If I do, I probably will not make another. After all, four books with 200 chapters of funny quotes each are more than enough. I'm not in school, so I refuse to do even the most basic of math, but that's a lot of quotes!

Besides, I don't want to make anyone at my school feel weird if they find out that I'm quoting them in the book without them really knowing me yet. I'm already a bit nervous about making friends and I don't need to bring extra weirdness into it.

If my friends text me something funny or say something funny in a phone/FaceTime call, I'll put it in this book since I knew them from school. They all know about and support the book already. They usually don't care if they go in it or not.

But anyway, the moral of the story is, this book might not continue next year. Or at all. It all depends on how things turn out.

I'll try to keep you guys updated - or, I guess, you might see me post a new quote and know we're back on track :)

These books have been a lot of fun and helped to highlight the best moments I've had at a place I otherwise hated deeply. In these quotes, I was just being a dumb teenager with everyone. It was freeing, in a way, but the issues noted above make me too uncomfortable to continue regardless of any other factor.

I hope I made at least a few people's days brighter with some of the stuff in here - and feel free to jump on over to my Weird Things I Heard in Life series - that's still going strong!