||Chapter 04||

☀Cecelia☀

Wake up, princess!!

Girl I'm gonna be at your house in 5

We're outside

I wake up to the sound of my phone chiming. I groan flipping the screen over looking at it with my squinted eyes. 7:39 my eyes bulge once I see the time causing me to rush out of bed. I quickly text the girls I'd be out in a second which I would be...give or take a few minutes, although I'd take a little more than a minute to get ready it was way easier not having to assemble "The perfect outfit" I just run a comb through my hair, put it in a low bun, put my hoodie on, plain black jeans, and a pair of red converse which my mother loathes but they were the most me thing about this outfit.

I grab my wallet, phone, charger, and bag before sliding down the Bannister and out the door.

I run down the long wide driveway before having the golden gates open as I run past the sensors (Yes I have literal golden gates outside my house) I sling my bag on walking towards the car holding onto the straps of my bag "Good morning sunshine" The girls chime as Tess hands me my coffee. Maybe having them around won't be as bad as I thought. I get into the back sitting next to Bianca "Wheres Mar?" I ask noticing her absence "She's riding with Xay" August says with her eyes focused on the road "Talk about Girls before boys" I look at her oddly "Who says that?" I  laugh "Someone who's trying not to say anything offensive or derogatory" She turns from the front sear squinting her eyes at me, which I just laugh at and so does Bianca "Ooo turn it up" Bianca says overly excited, the tune becomes more and more recognizable as the volume increases "Guess he didn't know any better girl that man didn't show any effort Do all I can just to show you you're special Certain it's your love that holds me together" Don't by Bryson Tiller plays causing us all to sing along "lately you say he be killing the vibe gotta be sick of this guys pull up Skrrt" we all steer our imaginary steering wheels in unison.

"You ready for this girls" August says as we stand in a line getting ready to walk through the school "Well you guys get to the office I'm going to head to class" I say with my head down "Seriously Lia you're still gonna wear that thing" Tess says "Yeah well duh everyone needs a school bag" I say being as difficult as possible. I was getting really sick of them forcing me to take my hood off "Lia you know that's not..." I walk off before she can finish her sentence. I was already annoyed no need to make matters worse.

I walk the long busy halls with my head down as usual, watching and weaving as I see feet on the floor. I'm following my usual pattern but am stopped when a pair of all black shoes stop me short. My breath hitches. I resume my usual breathing pattern before trying to step around the person, but they wouldn't budge they kept stepping in my way. The shoes then begin moving towards me almost provoking me to look up. The person engulfs me in a tight hug causing me to drown in their muscular arms "Ahhhh i've missed you sunshine" Tate...it was Tate I could tell by the muscles and voice it was him "Tate put me down" I say since hes lifted me into the air "Sorry...i'm just excited to have a friend at this school who actually has a brain" he says ruffling my hoodie "Leave me alone you big bully" I straighten my hoodie not wanting to expose myself in the slightest "Well what do you have first?" He says walking in step with me "Um...chemistry with Ms Lee" I look as we step in tune with each other "Save me a seat" he whispers to me before taking a turn walking off.

————-

In class, I choose a seat towards the front to avoid anyone turning around and accidentally seeing me looking at the board or something. I slide the chair out sitting on the side closest to the window.

After 10 minutes of waiting for the bell to ring, I begin drumming on the desk waiting for class to start when I hear the desk next to me shift and a pair of defined tan arms are slouching onto the desk. Tate. I sit there comfortably not minding his company. Although we've only known each other for a month we've become good friends actually with all the late night calls and text I've gotten used to having him around. "Think I could borrow a pen please," the person occupying the seat next to me asks, I jump realizing it's not Tate "Oh um...sure," I say rummaging through my bag for a pen lip gloss, earphones, charger, phone, book,...PEN I grab the blue pen before turning back and sliding it across the desk "Thanks" the voice says in a hushed tone as Ms.Lee enters the class. Her distinctive Korean accent fills the room welcoming us back, giving us the usual run down on the term "I understand we have a lot of new students joining us this year if you'd all like to introduce yourself to your partners while I take the roll please do so now" I sit there slouched in my chair talking to my self, please don't talk to me, please don't talk to me, please do- "Hey so uh...i'm Cole and I just transferred here from Westdale" his deep voice becomes silent creating an awkward silence.

I sigh before introducing myself "I'm Freak Lenny a-" he cuts me off "That's your name? Your parents had you and decided to call you freaky Lenny" he has the same reaction any normal person would. Maybe a little more theatrical, but still understandable "no it's more of a nickname I was blessed with" I reply sarcastically "Oh so is that what I call you?" His voice turns a pitch higher towards the end "Yeah I guess so" I fidget with my nails as we sit in an awkward silence.

Although I couldn't physically see him I could tell he was tense I guess I had accidentally made things awkward as per usual .

"A-" I hear him about to start up a new conversation but he's cut off by clapping. A technique Ms.Lee does to get our attention she claps until we're silent like primary students. "Okay class now that we've all been introduced I'll be coming around with our course outline please slip them into your chemistry books before you run off" she begins walking around the classroom, luckily since I sat towards the front I'd be able to leave as soon as the bell rings and hopefully run to the cafeteria before its flooded with students.

The bell rings and I swipe everything off of the desk and into my bag before sprinting out the door.

I make it to the Cafeteria where only two or three students are in the queue I smile and give myself a little pat on the back before walking to the line.

I loved our school cafeteria there were at least 100 different food combinations you could make with the selection they had.
I scan through looking at the salads, pizzas, and fruit.

I grab a basket of tortilla chips, A small container of guac, and a bowl of mince with melted cheese on the top. The other bowls just had grated cheese on it but Agnes the lunch lady knew I liked mine with the cheese melted so she always made one with melted cheese and kept it towards the back I smile and thank Agnes before grabbing my juice and paying for my lunch.

I tilt my head up slightly ensuring no one would crash into my delicious lunch "Excuse me" I hear a female voice say quite rudly infront of me "Where do you think you're going" the voice was squeaky and annoying "Could you move please" I say both politely and demanding "Lia i'm joking come sit with us" I hear august whisper "You idiot" I say annoyed she did that "Lets go grumpy" she says through a laugh while placing her arm on my shoulder leading me to the table where I could see the rest of our friends sitting around "We chose the corner table so you can actually lift your head up" Bianca says.

I slowly scan the floor before lifting my head "Theres my beautiful girl" Tess says pointing her finger at me to which I roll my eyes before digging into my nachos "Hey guys" Maria and Xavier join the table "Hey" everyone replies in unison. I don't mind Xavier seeing, he already knows all about my school experience. "I'm loving this school" Xavier says smirking "Whats that suppose to mean," Mar says glaring at him "The sports academy is insane" he replies mar just nods her head eating what looks like the garlic pasta.

"Did you at least save this seat for me" I hear Tate's voice whisper in my ear, my heart skips a beat as I slouch back down into my normal position "Um yeah sure sit" I reply looking down to my food "I was heart broken when you didn't save me a seat sunshine" I hear the crunch of Tates fries next to me "And who's this" I hear August ask "Uh this is Tate" I give a brief introduction not wanting to be lectured "Hey" he says to each of them before shifting closer to me. I put down the chip I was about to place in my mouth and stare at the little space between us why is he sitting so close? I shrug it off and go back to eating my chip "Hey sorry to disturb you guys but you took off after class I didn't have the chance to give this back" I see my blue pen in Cole's hand "Thanks" I say reaching my hand out, taking the pen, and tucking it into my pocket "Seat stealer" I hear Tate mutter under his breath I nudge him to stop "Well see you in class" Cole says before walking off I assumed he left from the amount of exhales I hear from everyone "Damn Lia you wear that hood and still find guys that look like greek gods" Tess sighs "Shut it you have a boyfriend you don't understand us single people" Bianca says being dead serious, but we all burst out in laughter I even hear Tate laugh a little.