18

Lexi's POV:

She can't be serious, can she? Hide?

I quickly realize just how serious Evan is when I see her tip toe very quickly back into the bathroom and begin drying off with a towel.

I drop to the floor and slither under the bed, just barely able to fit.

The moment my body is concealed the door swings opens and I see two feet, belonging to Scott, in the doorway.

"Evan?" His voice makes my core rattle.

"What?" Evan mutters, coming out of the bathroom as she dries herself with a towel.

All I can see are their feet, and Scott's move closer to his wife.

"What are you doing?" He asks her, his voice already annoyed.

"Taking a bath, if that's alright with you." Evan hisses.

"I was calling your name from downstairs." He huffs.

"Well the kids are sleeping, so don't."

I hear a sarcastic, breathy laugh from Scott followed by his steps nearing the bed.

He freezes and asks a question that makes me shake with nerves.

"Why is the bed soaked? And water on the floor?" Scott's voice grows more stern and I see Evan's left foot pick up and fun against her calf. Nervous tick?

"I-I don't know. I just-" Evan stumbles over her words and Scott jumps to conclusions.

"Who the fuck is here?" He yells, his voice definitely loud enough to wake the three young kids.

"Scott! Be quiet!" Evan pleads, walking over to him. "And no one is here. Are you stupid?"

"Bullshit. Why the fuck is-" his voice being raised and angry towards Evan makes my blood boil. I close my eyes and stay quiet, scared of what may happen if he does find out I'm here.

I see him move past Evan, apparently shoving her judging by the way she stumbles backwards violently.

He rips open the closet door, searching for the mystery person in his home.

"Who're you screwing, Evan?" He yells at his wife, moving back her way.

I see him move in a way that makes me think he is going to look underneath the bed, and I swallow hard. Here we go. This is it.

"Me?! Scott, look at me!" Evan screams, doing everything in her power to pull his attention away from my hiding spot. "You are not going to come back into this home and accuse me of cheating on your sorry ass. I sit here day and night and care for our kids while you go out doing god knows what on those work trips." Evan's voice shakes with rage, letting me know this isn't all an act. It's pent up anger that is finally being let out.

"Oh shut up..." Scott brushes her off and I hear a sound that makes my eyes widen.

Smack. Evan just smacked him.. damn.

"No, you shut up. You go out on these work trips with Blair and break our marriage vows every goddamn week, Scott. You go out and screw that prissy little slut every chance you get, then come back home and sleep in our bed. I am done being walked all over and treated like shit by you. I am your wife! Get it tog-"

In the middle of Evan's emotional harangue, Scott cuts her off. "Here we go with the cheating accusations again!"

"You're the one searching through the house for my secret lover, Scott. Don't play that card." Evan grits. "Let's not forget the fact that I've taken you back once after cheating on me, either."