19

Evan's POV:

"Where were you?" Scott asks the moment I step into the kitchen.

I let out a sigh, "neighbors. Stopping Lexi from beating up her friend." I tell him, knowing he probably thinks I was outside talking on the phone to my secret-lover.

"Hell of a story." He murmurs.

I sigh hard and slam my keys and phone against the granite countertop, "again with this shit, Scott? Please, tell me what you did today."

Before he can answer, his phone dings and vibrates on the counter closest to me. He watches me carefully, but he doesn't react fast enough. We both reach for the phone and I get there first, scanning the message on his screen.

"I miss you. Can't wait to see you again next week and have you all to myself." I read the message aloud and shake my head in disgust. "You really are a piece of shit, Scott. I knew what I knew." I hiss, catching him cheating for the second time.

He pulls his hand over his face and sighs hard, "Evan, stop. We can get-"

"You know what? Just stop. I am not doing this, not again." I huff, finally deciding enough is enough.

I may be having some serious second thoughts and regrets about my relationship with Lexi, but that doesn't mean I should sit here and take shit from Scott again.

I storm out of our kitchen and head upstairs to our bedroom. I grab a suitcase from the closet and begin ripping clothes from drawers and off of hangers in the closet, piling them in. I hear a laugh from the doorway and Scott stands there, shaking his head and grinning like a fool.

"Where are you going to go, Evan? It isn't like you have family to stay with. Stop acting like a psycho." He rolls his eyes and I raise my brows at him, surprised that he thinks that is what is happening.

"I'm not going anywhere, Scott. You are." I inform him, zipping the suitcase that holds most of his clothes. "I want you out of my goddamn house and away from me. All you do is cause me more pain and suffering, and it isn't worth it anymore. Go shack up with your side piece."

"Baby, please just-" he starts to step forward, going in to wrap me in a hug to try and make it all okay, but it is far past that point.

"Do not fucking touch me." I hiss, tears welling in my eyes and my hand shaking violently as I hold it out toward him. "Ge out!" I scream, so loud that my kids exit their rooms to see the commotion.

"Mommy?" Ava's small, soft voice asks from behind Scott's leg. I look at her with broken eyes and try to be strong. "What's the matter?" She asks, clutching to her dad for dear life.

"Nothing, baby. Tell your daddy goodbye. He is leaving for work." I say and motion for my daughter to come to me.

She frowns hard and hugs Scott's leg tight before coming over to me. I pick her up and squeeze her, desperately needing a hug from someone.

Scott looks at me in disbelief as I kick the packed suitcase to him and shake my head. I am done playing games, he needs to go.

His other two children hug him and he sighs hard as he picks up the bag, "this isn't done, Evan. I'll call you tonight." He says as he backs out of our bedroom.

"Don't bother." I mutter, still clinging to my precious daughter.

I hear the door downstairs close followed by his car starting up.

Did I really just kick my husband out of the house? I never thought I'd actually get to this point, but I guess everyone has a breaking point.

* * *