Chapter XXV

XXV. Raging

"If he is busy, will it be too much to ask for you to deliver a message?"

Robb perked up at hearing Reau's voice from outside. He felt as if he hadn't seen her since he was declared king. It had been too long.

Before the soldier posted outside his tent could reply, he called out. "Let her in!"

A rustle of metal was heard before the tent flaps open to reveal his golden girl, her hair freely flowing like liquid gold. She looked beautiful despite living in a camp. Her eyes were glimmering and the smile that graced her features made his heart beat wildly.

"My lady." He greeted, as he stood by his desk, covered in maps.

"Your Grace." She replied, taking a short bow before chuckling at their formal tone.

He found himself laughing along with her contagious joy. She walked towards the desk before looking at him.

"Now tell me, how long have you been looking at this map?" She asked teasingly.

"Too long, I must admit. But our next move has not yet been planned and with Tywin Lannister, I have to prepare step after step lest he might outsmart the troops." He answered in a somber tone.

He looks down as if in shame or as if he was simply avoiding her gaze. She frowned, leaning across the table to brush her nose with his playfully.

"You've been doing great. Do not be so quick to belittle yourself." She said, making him smile softly at her.

Robb took her hand in his as he guided her hand across the map, causing tingles to spread across her fingers.

"What do you suppose I should do?" He asked her, seeking counsel.

It surprised her quite a bit. Being a woman, men around her barely asked for advice but hearing Robb ask for her help made her smile. It made her feel like his equal, not someone beneath his status, especially now as a king.

Reau suddenly realized that Robb was still waiting for her response. Clearing her throat, she answered. "You have two Lannisters in your grasp. Send Alton Lannister to King's Landing with an offer."

"What kind of offer?" He asked, curious as to what she was insinuating.

"In return for Jaime Lannister's release, they must return your sisters, your father's bones and relinquish their hold on the North. If anything, the Lannisters value their family above all." She reasoned as Robb seemed to ponder upon it.

Right before he could reply, a messenger arrived delivering a note from Stannis Baratheon. He seemed surprise at seeing her there but with a nod from Robb, he took his leave.

"What is it?" Reau asked as he looked down reading the note.

His face started to show more and more anger as he read through the letter. He huffed in anger before he let out a loud growl, knocking everything from the table, including the map.

Reau jumped in surprise at his reaction. This was the first time he had shown his anger, not hidden by grief or secrets. He was in pure and utter rage. Breaking himself apart in front of her.

He threw the parchment to the ground crushing it under his boot before walking to his bed and taking a seat, running his hands through his hair and tugging the strands  in frustration.

Cautiously, Reau stepped through the scattered objects on the floor before picking up the crumpled and dirtied up parchment.

As she read it, shock and slight disgust was the only thing that flowed through her. It only contained a few words but the words' worth were massive. Nothing could have made her expect this. But the words' message was so very clear.