Arc 2: Chapter 4

Author Corner:

Hè Meifeng- our protagonist
Intel- her system
Dīng Xiuyang- the heroine of this story
Emperor- the male lead
Dài Yuan- the villainess
Cheng Liqin- general & villainess's brother

Enjoy the story!
_________

Arc 2: Fairy Empress and Her Emperor ♤ ♡ ♢ ♧ Chapter 4: Lantern Festival

Hè Meifeng's POV

I sighed as I watched the snow melting outside in the courtyard. The snow season is almost passing but it was still not spring yet. I sipped my tea as I looked at my left to see the general, Cheng Liqin, startled when I saw him. I put down my tea and stood up to greet him.

"This consort welcomes general to her courtyard. Does this humble able to do anything for this general?" I looked at his violet eyes which seems to be cold and calculating but started to melt when our eyes locked with each other.

"This general is just visiting. This general wants to thank consort, Hè Meifeng, for putting up with this one's sister."

"This consort didn't mind. It was your sister, Dài Yuan who tooked care of this consort." I looked at my servant who is far away to not hear our conversation. I looked at her with a look and she nodded and quickly left.

"My servant shall grab us some tea and snacks. Would this general care to join me?"

"Thank you, consort Hè Meifeng. I would gladly join you."

He then sat in the pillow beside me as we watched the snow melt. It was almost the end of the new year celebration which means the lantern festival is almost near.

"Why does this general actually want?" I faced him properly as I looked at him in the eyes. He looked away as his face turned a little red. His tunic slipt a little and I saw his 8 pack abs, but there were some scars on his body. But what caught my attention the most was his neck. There were two moles there like he was bitten by a vampire, it was a similar situation in my last world when I was with Hajime.

We were doing a scene together and when his robe slipt off of him in a sexy manner, I saw the two moles that looked like he was bitten in his neck by a vampire.

Cheng Liqin coughed and looks at me in the eyes. He was looking a bit nervous about what he was going to say. "W-well. This general has long known the emperor and I wanted to tell you that I actually want to court you. I know it's very rude but the emperor clearly likes consort Dīng Xiuyang, and I can treat you better than anyone. If- if you are fine with me courting you." He looked at me, waiting for my reaction but when he saw me not really bothered by what he said, he looked at me confused.

"D-does this consort hear me? Uh! Im not saying your deaf- I just didn't get much reaction from you, that's all!"

I sip the warm tea. "I know the emperor loves consort Dīng Xiuyang. I helped her."

"You did? I thought you were each other's first love? Do you not like the emperor that much? Do I still have a chance?" He asked a lot of questions but I just sat calmly, enjoying the scenery.

I was like a woman that was very wise and calm all the time. It was still an unbelievable experience to go hopping through worlds and worlds. It was very fun!

"Yes. You may court me- once you get to free me from here. If I'm not living here, then Im not a consort, then you may have a chance with me."

"I can? I-I mean but how should I help you escape?"