Chapter 1

Crystal Mia Pierce knocked on the wooden door and entered to see her beautiful younger cousin (who was like a sister to her), Brooklyn Sofia Pierce, dressed in a-line, off-the-shoulder white wedding gown, with a blue rose pin in her hair which com...

Crystal Mia Pierce knocked on the wooden door and entered to see her beautiful younger cousin (who was like a sister to her), Brooklyn Sofia Pierce, dressed in a-line, off-the-shoulder white wedding gown, with a blue rose pin in her hair which complemented the bouquet on the table that she's supposed to carry.

"Congratulations, Brooklyn!" Crystal says walking up to Brooklyn and giving her a tight hug.

"Crystal, you made it. Thank you!" Brooklyn said hugging her older sister, Crystal tightly as if she was going to disappear.

Pulling out of the hug Crystal asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous but, excited how come you are here? I thought you said you would only make it to the reception later today," Brooklyn asked her sister without her smile faltering.

"Um, I completed everything earlier than expected," Crystal says, smiling at her sister not giving too much information.

"Ah, well thank you for coming earlier, it upset me when you said you wouldn't be able to make it," Brooklyn said, and Crystal gave a quick hum and nodded, "did you come by yourself?"

"No, I actually didn't," Crystal answers Brooklyn's question, "I came with-"

"OH MY LORD! Crystal, your here!!" Crystal heard her sister-in-law, Evalyn scream from behind her.

"Eva,h-" Crystal started before she was enveloped in a warm hug.

"Crys, my dear you look so different. How have you been? How was university? Why didn't you call me?" Eva kept asking her questions without waiting for an answer.

"Um, Eva," Crystal says pulling Evalyn out of her trance, to which Evalyn hummed and raised her brows.

"Let's catch up later?" Crystal suggests to which Evalyn nods.

"Ah, before I forget this is a small gift for you," Crystal says taking out a small package from her purse, "This was supposed to be your engagement present."

Taking the gift from her sister hand's, Brooklyn opens it to find a small jewellery box that contains a white gold chain with a ring on it that had her wedding date as well as her and her soon-to-be husband's initials, and that wasn't all, sitting beside the necklace there was matching white gold earing that had a pearl drop.

"I remembered that you loved white gold jewellery that was time-stamped," Crystal says giving Brooklyn a big smile.

"Thank you, Crystal,  it's so beautiful," Brooklyn says hugging Crystal again.

A few minutes later...

As Crystal sat down in her seat, her date, Ace Martinez sat to her left and took her hand in his much larger hands and gave it a reassuring squeeze. They could see the grown on the alter looking nervous while waiting for his bride. His best man gave him a squeeze on the shoulder and they exchanged friendly smiles. Music started to play as the magnificent wooden door near the foot opened relieving 2 small girls throwing flowers as the bride and her father started to enter, on the opposite end the groom, whose eyes had now filled with tears of joy waited for the bride's arrival. Slow walking in sync with the gentle music that played in the background the father and daughter walked down the aisle towards the waiting groom. Behind the bridesmaids walked in and lined up behind the bride. Everyone had a huge smile on their faces, while some also had tears streaming down their faces.

Crystal remembered when she had a fiance, years ago, and her parents had hated the fact that she was going to marry young. She remembered her father especially shouting at her and telling her she was going to regret it. This had led to her and her fiance having a full-blown argument and having a break for around 2 weeks. They both had decided to elope but then had dismissed the idea. Unfortunately, they both had split a year later. She remembered why they had split and she had hated herself for it.

Crystal felt a squeeze on her hand which jolted her back into reality. She saw the groom, Daniel, pick up the ring and slid it on his fiance's ring finger and repeating after the priest. Brooklyn did the same as him. And then the priest told to kiss. Everyone cheered when they locked lips, petals were thrown at the couple by the flower girls.

Daniel picked his bride up and carried her out of the church into the limo that was waiting outside.

Crystal and Ace made their way out as everyone was leaving the church. They made their way to the reception where the bride and the groom were. Crystal had not wanted to go to the reception but Ace had reminded her how devastated Brooklyn would be.

As the evening went by Crystal got a phone call from Ace's girlfriend, Elora, saying they needed to get back. Crystal and Ace bid goodbye to Brooklyn and ha successfully avoided Crystal's parents the whole night.

Heading back to the house Crystal and Ace hadn't prepared for what was to come next. 

A/N: Sorry guys I know may be waiting for an update but I have rewritten this chapter. Please do tell me if this is better than the previous chapter. Yes, there has been a slight change to the plot twist but it going to be very similar. I will be updating the Character profile.

Who do you think is this so-called ex-fiance? 

What is the emergency Elora (Ace's girlfriend) had said? 

Outfits if you are curious!

Brooklyn's wedding dress

Daniel's suit:

Bouquet of flowers 

Last Rewritten/update : 2/8/2021