- T W E N T Y S E V E N -

3rd person's P.O.V

"Imma go to the bathroom real quick, okay?"
Minji stood up from the seat beside Chan and smiled down at him.
"Don't take too long tho. It's only five minutes till midnight and all of us are gonna be outside any moment. I'll wait for you there."

She nodded at what he said and quickly made her way upstairs to use the bathroom.
Being as fast as she could, she walked out not long after and bumped into someone in the process. She held onto the person's shoulders to steady herself and looked up to see into whom she just bumped.

"Oh god, Jisung. I'm sorry."
The male chuckled and smiled at her, slightly shaking his head.
"It's okay, don't worry."

"What are you doing here alone tho? The others are outside already. It's legit only two minutes left till midnight."
Jisung chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck.
"I actually wanted to fetch you alone for a second and talk to you."

"Can't we do this later? I really have to go to Chris now..."
Minji patted his shoulder and wanted to walk past him, but got stopped in her tracks. She looked down to see him grabbing her by the wrist.
"This is really important... It's something that's been bugging me for quite some time now and I finally have to get it off my chest."

"Okay, what is it then?"
The male took a deep breath and laughed nervously once more.
"Please don't freak out or start distancing yourself from me 'cause this is the last thing I want to happen..."
The girl raised her eyebrows and waited for him to finally say what he wanted to.

"Minji, I like you."

- meanwhile -

"Hyung, it's only a minute left till midnight. Where is Minji?"
Chan shrugged and looked at the younger male.
"She said she'd use the bathroom, but it's been so long already... She'll be here just in time. Right, Felix?"

"Guys, thirty seconds!"
Felix looked at the older with a slight smile and patted his shoudler.
"She'll be here any second. Don't worry, hyung."
Chan smiled back at him and watched how the younger walked over to his own boyfriend.

"TEN! NINE! EIGHT!"
He looked around nervously and noticed that someone else missed as well. Jisung. Worry hit him and he hoped that he wasn't with Minji right now. He couldn't...

"FIVE! FOUR!"
Tears formed in his eyes and he smiled sarcastically, nodding his head.
"So that's how it's gonna be, huh?"

"TWO!"
He turned around to look at the rest of his friends and smiled sadly, noticing how excited all of them were.
"ONE!"

"CHRIS!"
The called male instantly turned around and his eyes widened as he saw a certain young girl running into his direction. A big smile formed on his lips and he opened his arms for her to run into.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

And with that their lips connected.

The kiss didn't last that long, but it meant everything to the two of them. Breaking the kiss, they rested their forehead against each other and smiled brightly, Chan holding her tightly in his arms.
"And I've already thought you wouldn't be here for me to be your New Year's Kiss."

"Nah, I wouldn't let that chance go."
Both of them chuckled at that and he pecked her lips one more time.
"I'm so happy you did come after all. I was so worried, not gonna lie."

"I'm sorry, but I kinda got held back by Jisung."
Chan's jaw clenched at that, but he tried to stay calm, knowing that after all Minji decided to go to him.
And wasn't this reassurance enough?

- time skip -

"Y'all know that you can stay the night, right?"
It was already past 3am and a few of them thought about going home at this time. Tho Felix obviously didn't want them to go yet.

"We really appreciate that, Felix, but Minji and I kinda wanna spend some time alone too."
Felix pouted at that, but understood them. Most of the boys said that they have to be home as well, because of their parents and the male looked at one particular person with pleading eyes.

"But you'll stay. Right, Changbin hyung?"
The black haired male chuckled and walked over to his boyfriend, wrapping an arm around his waist.
"Don't worry. I'll stay overnight."

The Australian smiled brightly and everyone fake-gagged at the sight of those two, laughing shortly after tho.
However. One after one, everyone said their 'goodbye' to each other and made their way home.

- at Minji's house -

"When is your mom coming back from her trip?"
The younger girl shrugged and turned her head to look at him.
"I don't really know, but I also don't care either. I'm used to being at home alone so to be honest she can stay away as long as she wants to."

"You're not all alone tho. I'm still here with you."
Minji chuckled and leaned up to peck his cheek, giving him a cute smile after.
"I know and I appreciate that a lot, Chris. But as long as I'd love to cuddle with you right now, I have to change my clothes. This skirt is killing me."

Chan chuckled lowly at that and loosened the grip around her waist, allowing her to get out of his embrace and change her clothes into more comfortable ones.
After a few moments, she got back into her room and his eyebrows raised as he saw what she was wearing.

"Is that my hoodie?"
Minji nodded cutely and smiled at him, playing with the sweaterpaws of the, for her way too big, hoodie.
"You left it here one day and y'know, girls like wearing their boyfriend's clothes."

Chan laughed quietly and adored how she looked even smaller in his clothes. He opened his arms and whined cutely, wanting her to be back in his embrace all cuddled up.
"Oh god, Chris. You are such a baby."

She chuckled as well and went back to her bed, laying down next to her boyfriend and feeling his arms being wrapped around her small waist.
"I'm your baby tho. And yours only."

She cringed at what he just said before slapping his chest playfully, giving him a disgusted look.
"When did you get so cheesy? I can't believe you've done this."
Chan laughed at her reaction and leaned down to press his plump lips on her soft ones.

"You don't have to exaggerate like this, babe. I was just joking."
The two of them chuckled and just continued to talk a bit more, not being tired at all because we love having insomnia. However. There still was one topic they didn't talk about yet and Minji knew that she eventually had to tell Chan what happened earlier that night.

"Chris, about the incident with Jisung at the party..."

•——————————————————————•

A/N:Hi, I love Chris 😔✊🏻

A/N:
Hi, I love Chris 😔✊🏻

Word count: 1163
Edited
Re-Edited