querencia

"w-where are we going to sit?"

jisoo stayed quiet as he pulled the younger to the back of the library. some of the girls pointed at the two of them, probably thinking that jisoo and seokmin were together.

at least, that's what jisoo assumed.

jisoo led the two of them through aisles of bookshelves to end up around the back corner of the library. seokmin, who settled with hanging out with friends before school, had never discovered this back corner. it was a really nice one, as well.

there was a chair made out of rope, suspending off of the floor like a hammock. there were also two couches and a table in front of the chairs.

"this is kind of like my querencia. kind of like when i don't really want to talk to my friends."

seokmin gave another look of confusion.

"quer- que- huh?"

jisoo giggled.

"que-ren-cia."

seokmin nodded slowly.

"qu-querencia!"

jisoo nodded and clapped for seokmin.

"so, jisoo is my querencia!"

seokmin looked around as he said that, not noticing the blush his elder had on.

he eventually took in enough scenery before plopping his bag down near the couch and pulling his math packet out, along with a mechanical pencil. jisoo pulled his out of his bag and left it on the table.

"you can start with that and i'll get us something from the vending machine outside. i know we're both hungry."

seokmin smiled and nodded, grateful for the elder getting him food.

"can i get a mango juice and some goldfish? i'll pay you back."

jisoo nodded and walked away.

seokmin smiled at the elder's receding figure before starting to scribble down answers, not forgeting the work jisoo showed along with it.

when he was around page 2, he heard footsteps coming towards him. he looked up and smiled; jisoo had the food in his hands, his eyes looking through the bookshelf parallel to seokmin. he put his pencil down and crept over to jisoo before back-hugging him, taking the juice and goldfish bag in his hand.

jisoo gasped, not really paying attention to his surroundings. on instinct, jisoo elbowed the person behind him, a thing he learned in a self-defense class he was dragged into with chan. jisoo asked why chan needed to know self defense and he reasoned with a simple,

"if soonyoung needs protection, i'll be there!"

seokmin had the air knocked out of his stomach and he fell to the floor, partially laughing. jisoo turned and gasped once more before kneeling to seokmin.

"oh god, i'm sorry!" he whispered, remembering he was in a library. seokmin continued to laugh, turning this scene into something stupid.

"i-i've been hit... tell my mom i loved her..."

jisoo laughed and played along.

"d-don't leave me..." he said in an over-exaggerated tone.

the two of them broke into a fit of giggles for around fifteen minutes before seokmin got back to his seat, red-faced from lying on the floor and laughing for so long. jisoo read a book next to the younger, helping him with anything he needed help with on the packet. it was a relaxing querencia for the two of them.