number

"a-ah, i was crying? s-sorry, i didn't even n-notice.." seokmin sniffled as he gave his tempura another bite, savoring the taste by closing his eyes.

"say aaah seokmin!" jeonghan smiled as he fed seokmin a piece of tempura. seokmin opened his mouth and chewed with a big smile on his face. it was crunchy, just like seokmin liked it. the tempura tasted wonderful and jeonghan smiled even more along with seokmin.

seokmin opened his eyes once again to see jisoo sitting next to him, wiping the tears from his face gently. the younger raised his hand to hold jisoo's and snuggle into the elder's palm. jisoo pulled seokmin into a hug and let the younger sob into his shoulder. jisoo calmed seokmin down and went  to make instant ramen for them. the younger went to the bathroom to calm down as jisoo boiled water. seokmin looked to his reflection. his eyes were red and a bit puffy while his hair was a hot mess. he splashed some cold water on his face and dried it off with one of jisoo's soft white towels. he wet his hair a bit before combing and styling it. walking back to the kitchen after he was satisfied with his hair. jisoo had stored the japanese food in his fridge and had already set two bowls, steaming with just-off-of-the-stove ramen.

"seokmin, if you're comfortable with talking about it... could you tell me why you cried? o-of course, it's only if you want to!" jisoo panicked a little at the end, thinking that he was forcing seokmin to talk. the edge of seokmin's mouth curved up just a bit before taking a deep breath.

"jeonghan was my ex. we used to be a great couple for the first month or so. but, after another few weeks, his friends would start to bully me. not in person, though. they would somehow get my number and either spam me with calls or with texts that would degrade me. i-i still stayed with jeonghan through it all. i thought he was my rock, my safe place. turns out, he was the one who had given his friends my number."

"h-he knew about every word that they said about me, they would just say things like 'you dont deserve jeonghan' or 'how could you get one of the popular pretty boys?'. the thing that hurt most was when one of them made a group chat on imessage with all of his friends. they would all spam the group chat with hurtful messages. but none of them really hurt me, other then jeonghan's message. right before i left the chat, h-he said he was over me. that he never loved me. that it was one-sided, and how he didn't have any sort of love for me. n-no, he said he felt pity for me. it was my first serious relationship." tears slipped out of seokmin's eyes again.

"j-jisoo."

"yeah?"

"answer my question truthfully."

"o-okay..?"

"do you think that someone loves me? with their whole heart? will i have someone that can hold me close and have those late night conversations with as i cuddle them to my heart's content?"