prune

seokmin awoke, rising his head a bit before rubbing his eyes. "hey, why're you crying?" seungkwan asks again, worried for the elder.

seokmin just shakes his head."j-just thinking." his voice cracked and seungkwan felt a pang in his heart. "do you want a hug?" seungkwan opened his arms and seokmin hugged him back wordlessly.

seungkwan smoothed over seokmin's head, soothing the elder. soon enough, seokmin broke the hug and stopped crying. the others then decided to cheer the boy up by using their chopsticks as swords. soonyoung then tried to steal seokmin's ramen, resulting in everyone throwing their chopsticks at the boy.

soonyoung was yelling "hEY!! THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR ELDERS!!" everyone burst out laughing as minghao responded,"guys, leave the old raisin alone."

"i am not a raisin! how dare you!"

"oh right. you're a prune."

"hEY STOP IM NO PRUNE."

"whatever you say prune-young."

"did you really just-"

the bell had rang, signaling the end of lunch. seokmin sighed and clenched his stomach from all of the laughing. mingyu went to seokmin. "you good?" seokmin nodded and smiled. mingyu nodded and smiled back before hastily grabbing seokmin's ramen cup and downing it with a big smile. seokmin laughed once more.

"mingyu i swear if you took seokmin's ramen-"

mingyu's mouth was full of ramen. "nuh-uh, prumeoung nad if! (soonyoung had it!)" minghao glanced at mingyu and smacked the back of his head. the three of them walked to class, proceeding to make fun of soonyoung and mingyu.

-

jisoo watched all of what was happening at seokmin's table during lunch. jeonghan had just brought jisoo over to their lunch table. jeonghan introduced jisoo to some of the people there. their names were seungcheol, junhui, wonwoo and jihoon. jeonghan's sister was also there, sitting rather close to seungcheol. after jisoo was introduced, the boys had picked up the conversation they had before they got jisoo.

they fell into their own world, completely forgetting the boy. all jisoo wanted was to go back to the other table at this point. he glanced back to them and saw seungkwan giving seokmin, who was visibly shaking with each breath he took, a hug. jisoo felt his heart crack, but what could he do? he was stuck there and was too shy to just stand up and go back.

jisoo already knew about jeonghan's popularity at the school, so who knows what would happen if he just walked away? jisoo just watched seokmin and the others play around with chopsticks, longing to hold seokmin's hand and lay on the younger's shoulder.

jisoo pulled his phone out again, trying to pass the time. when the bell rang, jisoo stood up and walked away as quickly as possible, not wanting to be there much longer.

behind him, jeonghan clicked his tongue as wonwoo nudged him. "is that the boy?" jeonghan nodded. "i'm trying to get close to him, but he only sticks with seokmin." jeonghan shook his head and sighed. "seokmin, just wait for me. i'll be back with you in no time."