chillin

seokmin scribbled down the answers quicker than he had anticipated. the boy never looked into the packet, so he had just always assumed it would be too difficult. this thumbs clicked away at his calculator as he calculated the horizontal velocity using the simple trigonometry equation with soh-cah-toa and tangent-theta times adjacent (math flex).

at least, the teacher said it was simple, but seokmin found all of these numbers and letters so overwhelming to the point of using incorrect variables. jisoo was looking over the stressed boy's shoulder, seeing why he was stuck.

"ah, you're supposed to use co-sin there. using sin would find the vertical velocity, not horizontal"

seokmin turned to the boy while running a hand through his hair.

"please speak in something i know. math and english are not languages i've mastered at all."

jisoo giggles at his silly antics and scoots a bit closer to show the younger a step-by-step way to do trigonometry.

"so first..."

"aaahhhhhh, i see! thank you, jisoo"

jisoo nodded and continued to watch over seokmin, helping him with things the latter didn't quite understand.

soon enough, seokmin's math packet was back in his bag and he threw away his empty goldfish bag after. jisoo was quietly playing music from his phone as he was reading. again, he was either singing or humming to the song playing. seokmin adored the elder's voice.

jisoo seemed to be into more chill or indie songs. seokmin was more of a mainstream guy when it came to music, similar to his taste in other things like clothes or things he does with friends. he liked jisoo's liftstyle; quiet, laid back, chill. he liked this vibe, and although his school persona was loud, kind and funny, this relaxed setting was something seokmin could get used to.

jisoo also liked this. the vibe he got from the two was nice. jisoo nor seokmin felt like they needed to impress the other party. they had the feeling that they could be comfortable with the other.

that is, until the boys heard high-pitched giggling and lots of light steps. they both looked up from what they were looking at to see a familiar group of girls.

they all seemed to be looking at seokmin, other than one.

"hong jisoo."

the girl with a ponytail spoke. he raised his eyebrow, telling her to go on.

"jeonghan needs to talk to you right now."

seokmin's eyebrows raised in surprise. jisoo saw this out of the corner of his eye and quickly tried to get the girls to leave.

"eh, tell him he don't feel like talking right now. thanks though!"

jisoo said kindly, and seokmin's heart tugged. jeonghan?? again? the girl speaking had a tag on the right side of her shirt. it read as yoon daesung. she rolled her eyes at them.

"he isn't asking. he wants you to come."

she glances over to seokmin.

"you look familiar. aren't you-"

seokmin's eyes widened a bit.

"it's about time you left. get out of here before something happens to you guys."

jisoo stands up and protectively puts his hand out in front of seokmin. the girls all had a mix of annoyed and shocked faces as they walked out.

jisoo sat back down and wrapped his arm around  seokmin's shoulder. he was planning on telling the boy it would be ok but the bell interrupted his plans. they packed their stuff and went walking to first period. jisoo saw that there were more glances or whispers exchanged about them as jisoo kept his arm wrapped around seokmin.