CHAPTER 4- The Plan

Xiania's
POV

My bags are packed and I'm ready to get out of here.

"Hey, Xiania! Is it true?!"

I turned around, she grinned mockingly at me.

I smirked.

It's not like it's the end of the world. I can figure this out. And isa pa, I didn't do anything wrong. Nakakainis.

"Don't worry Des, I will be back."

Her smile faded away. How stupid of her to think that I will just let her be?

For all I know she was the one who paid the staffs just to get me out of here, those dirty money that came from her parents occupation. Politicians like them are such a pain in the ass, a whole mess. Salamat naman at hindi kagaya ng kanyang mga magulang yung sa akin. It would be horrible!

"And Des?" I asked her.

She gave me her attention waiting for something good. What does she think that I will do? Luluhod sa kanyang harapan para ibalik ako sa kuponan? That's the last thing I would do.

"Ano?" she asked me when I didn't utter a single word.

"Be prepared. I'll be back and you'll rot in the bench." I smiled.

"Do you really think na kaya mo? Everybody thinks you're the one who did it." I didn't mind what she said.

"And don't worry, I won't resort to any dirty tactics that you did to me."

I'm too good of a player to cheat! And why would I do what everyone thinks?! Ginapang ko kung saan ako ngayon, I did everything just to get to this team! And in just one wrong rumor, ito ang mangyayari?

I got out of there. My heart is pounding so fast that I could hardly breath. Suddenly my phone rang.

"Hello?" I ask the caller.

It's an unregistered number. I crunched my nose while thinking kung sasagutin ko ba ito. Maybe I should.

"Xi? I heard what happened."

It's Lexian, it been years since we talked. But hearing his voice comforted me. Tears pooled down on my cheeks but I gently wiped it away. I've never been this kind of person. My ghad!

"I didn't do it, Lex. I would never do it!" naiiyak kong sigaw.

"I know. You'll hurt your pride if you did it. Did you already talk to Mom?"

Is he serious? Mom would be furious if she'll hear all about this! At saka tama siya. Hinding-hindi ko gagawin ang pagbabayad sa mga referees!

"I didn't. You know her! I would be dead if I tell her about all of this things!"

I stopped.

"Wait. Saan mo naman nalaman lahat ng to'?" kinakabahan kong tanong.

"Meet me at the nearest Cafe."

And then he hung up.

I did what he said for about two minutes, I arrived at the nearest cafe and look! He's already there!

Walking towards him makes me sick. I don't want to let him see how stupid I am today. I kissed his cheek and sit on the vacant chair in front of him. Ngumiti ako nang maamoy ang pabangong ibinigay ko sa kanya.