CHAPTER 14- Burning DESIRE

Xiania's
POV

     "Why do you always ask me about my feelings to Maxine?"

     I glanced at my brother who's holding his phone while sitting in front of my vanity mirror. He's wearing his usual outfit, a white shirt and a jogging pants. Walang bago. There's a time when I rummage his closet and all I saw was white shirts and pants! There's no variety. Unlike me. I could say that my closet is far more complicated.

   The fact that he's with me makes me smile. I can't say that we are that close but I can say that we talk and hang around just fine. Right now, we're inside my room and I'm packing my things for the Training. The reason why he is here is what I'm about to ask, but now I'm asking about his feelings for Maxine. I'm just being a nosy sister, it's the usual thing to be at saka minsan lang to'.

    The last girl I knew that made his heart flutter was probably Zandria, that was five to six years ago. So I don't know what he feels about her right now, not that I want him to recollect his feelings for her. I would never want that!

    "I'm just a little bit curious?" I answered, pinagpapatuloy na ang paglalagay ng mga gamit sa mga maleta. I don't know if these clothes will fit though. I'm not really good at packing, my Yaya always do this kind of stuff. She's not right here right now so I'm the one who's doing it! And I'm not doing well enough!

    "A little bit? You've been asking me that question for a hundred times!" he exaggerated.

    That's too much! I'm not that kind of person! And why is it so hard for him to answer in the first place? He could've just said Yes or a No. Is it that really hard thing to say? Or maybe he's just confused? Kaya ngayon ay nacucurious ako dahil sa mga ikinikilos niya.

   I managed to finish putting my things inside the luggage but when I was about to close it, I stopped. Because I can't seem to zip it! It's too hard! Bakit si Yaya ay parang wala lang sa kanya kapag ginagawa ito? I could hear her voice laughing inside my head.

    Narinig kong ibinagsak niya ang hawak-hawak niyang phone sa desk ko saka tumayo at umupo na sa aking higaan, facing me. Akala ko pa naman ay tutulongan niya ako. I looked at his phone, dahil mayaman ay nagaganyan niya lang yan. Hindi niya ba alam na dalawang buwan na sigurong budget ng isang pamilya yung ibinagsak niya?

   "You're using to much exaggeration Lex." I stated.

    I really want to roll my eyes pero pinigilan ko, it's not like sinabi niyang tutulungan niya ako, I assumed so it's my fault.

   "It's called hyperbole, Xi." he said as if I'm stupid for not guessing what he meant.

    Is he here to insult me? Kung yan lang naman ang ipinunta niya rito ay umalis na lang siya kung maaari. Ang pag-eempake lang ang gusto kong problemahin ngayon. I don't want him to add up!

    "I'm not stupid, of course I know that kind of stuff." I said using my usual irritated tone.

    "Bakit ka nga pala narito? Is your room really that boring na kailangan mo pang pumunta dito at istorbohin ako?" natanong ko na sa kanya. Sana ay kanina ko pa ito tinanong.

    I looked at him, he's thinking something and because of it he stand up.

    "I've been thinking about this for a long time... You hate Zandria to the point that you want her out of your life... But instead of keeping her away, you let her in." he said, still thinking.

    I was taken aback. His nosiness is far from mine. He likes to know stuff and enjoys the stories of someone which he later likes to make stories with. He's an author. I never read his published books, I never had time. Kaya minsan ay nagtatampo siya sa akin, kung bakit daw mas pinipili ko pang bigyan ng oras ang pag-eensayo kesa sa pagbabasa ng mga isinulat niya, I never answered him. I don't want him to be hurt, though I know he figured it out already.