Chapter 1: The Waver of Death

On Darwin's Point of  View:

My skin, beaming like crystals under the streak of moonlight touching every inch of my half naked body. Hair flowing like strands of silver strings with the touch of the wind. Standing at the mountain peak as I look down the world, sating the taste of fear, sorrow and blood rushing through the veins of such lowly beings called humans. I turned up to the sky with my eyes shut, feeling the strong resonance of death in a world where sorrow is beauty and slaughter is an art.

"Well well...", I rolled my tongue at the sight of a prey from afar. Pointing my fingers to playfully pick which one should I shred to death. I feel like killing is just breathing and blinking of an eye, it doesn't require effort. Just real passion and enthusiasm.

I took a leap and dashed like a thunderbolt in a vampire speed that is impossible to catch up. Lancing brutally at the innocent young woman, I instantly slaughtered the clueless creature singlehandedly and without moving a strand of my hair.

I looked down at the pale and lifeless body behind me, licking the droplets of blood from my upper lip.

"What a waste of life", I playfully tilted my head and gave it a pout before looking up again.

Tonight is a bloodmoon, a perfect season for a predatory entrance. It feels like the sky is waving a banner for my comeback after lurking in the dark for centuries. Plotting a scheme for revenge and annihilation.

My name is Darwin, Darwin Frost, people used to call me the Blood Winter and the Waver of Death because I kill almost everything I touch. I was born, no, reborn from the grips and harsh whip of the blizzard that I can always remember, stuffed dead in the snow because I was abused to death by the people that I can always remember. Risen from the icy grounds as an apex predator carrying the curse of the five generations of vampires the ancient world has ever known. Skin, white as snow, eyes as gray as the moonlight, and lips, red a blood.

I walked silently, feeling the sound of death in the coldness of the night with my eyes closed and my mouth slightly open. Then an obnoxious smell just lingered in my breath.

"I never thought we'd cross paths here, Crimson Winter", a familiar voice broke off the scene.

I tried to ignore, but a single bullet tickled the skin on my shoulder.

"Got no time playing with you hag", I looked at him through my shoulders.

"Come on Crimson Winter, just a little playtime," A strong smell of liquor bursting every time he draws his breath.

Frankouise Maldread, a famous bounty hunter known for supernatural huntings including vampires, wendigos, witches and werewolves for loots and money. Killing anyone suspicious of possessing inhuman abilities be it a woman or a child given that they are supernatural.

"Call me by the wrong moniker again and I will kill you instantly you won't know that you've crossed the afterlife", I tilted my head on my shoulders wearing a playful expression. Biting my lips as an intimidation.

The owner of the voice hurdled himself for a an attack. But I stopped him with a dreadful stare.

"Yes boy, I love that look", he laughed at my expression which is a little offensive. So I lowered my heat and gave him a resting face. I just bit my tongue and walked slowly towards him. Playfully biting my fingers as I let out smirks and breathing.

"You have no idea what you have just crossed", I looked down at him.

His expression immediately shifted from amusement to an absolute fury as he pulled his shotgun. His laughter rolled like thunderbolt in the open air as he aimed his guns at me. Playing with this creature was never fun. Neither boring or no sense at all. I could literally just snap his neck in a blink of an eye but that would only spoil the fun, though I'm not having a good game at all.

"Hah! Your head is worth a lifetime of loots!", his laugh crawling like worms in my spine. I never really like the sound of an old hag with reeks of beer and gun powder.

I stopped evading his shots and landed a few meters straight from him. Just enough to see him in a small beams of moonlight showering upon us.

"I'll give you 5 seconds to leave...", I whispered in the air.

"Hmm tsk tsk! Not a good threat", he growled at my words.

"4 seconds to run...", I took small paces towards him.

Reloading his gun with a special bullet, he let out a small chuckle before dashing straight to me.

"3 seconds to live...2....1", my whispers creeped like a mist in the area. Game time os finally over.

"I will...", He screamed at his rustiest of voice but was cut off in a split second. Shocked with the halt in time.

"I will let you see your body like rags in the ground, headless and with your head hanging open jawed in my hand", I took a short glance at his lifeless body a few meters away from me, then threw his head like it was a piece of a garbage humanity has ever wasted.

"Just as I thought, all talk", I rolled my eyes as I slowly walked pass at him like nothing happened. Not even a dust in my skin and a strand of hair tangled.

I looked up to the sky once again. Feeling the flow of energy and power in my veins. The new age of my reign has come, the apex of all predators and the death waver.