Chapter 17: Mirror

Darwin hissed at the burning sensation on his skin as he tried dipping his skin to the small beam of sunlight. A part of him hoped that something about his vampirism has altered a bit upon remembering his humanity. But just like thirsting for blood and superhuman speed, the curse of the moonlight hasn't changed at all.

"What are you doing?", Stephen yawned as he strolled down the stairwell.

"Nothing. Just trying something", Darwin replied with a hint of sigh and disappointment.

"Well he's trying to burn himself off", Hubert interrupted out from somewhere.

"Why would you do that? Suicide?", Stephen asked with a rolled back laughter.

"Of course not, stupid", Darwin rolled his eyes at him.

Hubert laughed at his reaction.

"Now that's the Darwin I know", Stephen sat down at the staircase with his arms crossed on his chest.

"That's not even a percent of what will you hear as soon as I pulled my vampirism back. Well actually I'm still a vampire, in a state of amnesia. How dumb", Darwin blurted one at a time.

Stephen and Hubert exchanged laughter as they see Darwin slid himself inside an empty room. The day passed without any significant happening. Just the three of them living a normal day like any other else.

Hubert left the house at 3:00 PM. Leaving only Darwin and Stephen in the house.

"I'll be back dada! Bye!", He waved goodbye as he blink out of sight.

"Where's he going?", Stephen whispered on his side.

"None of your business", Darwin ignored him and walked silently to the living room. He grabbed the remote control and turned the TV on.

"Hey. It's just a joke. Are you mad?", Stephen blocked his view with his body. He only wore trousers.

"Get off. I'm watching", Darwin shifted his head to take a peak at the flashing videos.

"Not unless you tell me what were you up to", he playfully continued blocking his view.

Darwin sighed at his stubbornness.

"Look, just know that I'm still a vampire and O cam still snap you out of your life. So please, get off my view", Darwin tried consoling him.

"Try me", Stephen hinted with a smile on his face.

Darwin shut his eyes and let out a deep sigh. In a heartbeat, he grabbed Stephen's neck and dashed like a lighting pinning him hard on the concrete wall. So hard that the thick walls cracked at the impact of his back. He pulled him back and dashed straight into the couch. Landing with Darwin on top of him. He hissed with his fangs and burning crimson eyes at him, trying to intimidate him.

"Eas...easy", Stephen gasped at his grip. He tapped Darwin's shoulder as he surrendered.

"Don't try pulling it off the wrong time. I could still kill you", Darwin shut his eyes and offered a hand to Stephen. He grabbed his hand and they sat down side by side in the soft cotton behind them.

"What were you up to?", Stephen asked one more time.

"I was just wondering if my biological features were affected by the sudden withdrawal of my humanity", Darwin explained.

Stephen nodded at his statements. As if he fully understood the situation he's in.

"That's why you tried burning yourself?", Stephen asked once again.