Chapter 3: Luna Moonfang

The moonlight showered upon the land, illuminating the world that was once as quiet as a child's dream. The leaves dancing through the soft caress of the air, falling like rain to the grounds as the trees bend with the touch of the wind.

A silent before a storm.

"We lure him out, using a dummy human bait then we attack him all at once", one of the lightkeepers demonstrated the plan to the others.

Stephen stood at the back observing their actions. He just nod and agreed to what they say but had really no idea what exactly is going on.

The plan was to lure Darwin out. Using a dummy human bait injected with a serum that enhances the smell of a human blood, making it more appealing to vampires. The subject shall roam around the city under 360 surveilance, and under protection of random attacks from any creatures other than the subjects from different land points in the area. Once the main target is confirmed, a raid shall be initiated to slaughter the suspect.

"But how do we kill him? It's not something that we can easily plant bullets on", Stephen tried to rebut the plan. But one of the mission in-charge turned to him.

"We do not kill him, we capture him", Randall Spear, on of the in-charge and a lightkeeper answered his queries.

Stephen just rolled his eyes and turned his back on them. He slowly took pace to the window of and took a glance on the moon. He closed his eyes to the calming sense of the night. But was snapped out of his thoughts about the worst case scenerio that is coming to them.

Fifteen minutes passed the hour of 11 and they executed the initial part of the plan. The human dummy dressed like a stripper walks across the city with its own, acting like a normal human and talking like a real person. The safekeepers made sure that children and pregnant women are in their respective houses, as they needed to be safe as the night gets deeper.

The city was surrounded by the 4 divisions of 22 lightkeepers during the mission. Division A, lightkeepers assigned points A1 to A5 in the South .Division B, points B1 to B5 in the East. Division C, points C1 to C5 in the North and Division D, points D1 to D5 in the West. Mission-in-charge, Randall Spear positioned 55 meters from the East to the center of the city while Black Pentagram Special Force, Stephen Stern sits 55 meters from the south to the outkirts.

30 minutes passed and still no Darwin showed up, some of the lightkeepers in the land points were yawning out of signals and information coming from the other side. The bait, still walking like a crazy slut on the streets with her face tainted with lipstick and powder smudges of too much making out while on the mission line. Everything seems to be just in a normal state, no signs of violence and crime from the different points of the cities. Not even a single random supernatural creature showed up to the scene to take advantage of the food walking around in liberty across the streets of GlideHaste.

"Check signs on point B3", Randall voiced out to the radio.

Stephen checked his monitor but there's nothing to be found. He sat silently on a rusty chair in the rooftop of an abandoned building. Just a few kilometers away from Randall who sits on a tree branch across the area.

The hours passed by and there's still no signs of violence or an attack. The bait sits on a bench with her legs crossed taking a sip of beer, with her face almost melting out of tiredness. Just as if she is an actual human though.

"Check signs on point 5A", Randalls voice broke off the radio. But the signal was interrupted, "Repeat. Check signs on point 5A, respond", he wore his best boss tone.

"Check signs on point 5A", I repeat Randall's request but only static returned. Suddenly his heart went beating so fast.

The wind suddenly went cold and time seemed to halt. There was a tingling sensation on Stephen's spines as he looked up to the sky.