Chapter 20: Keith and Darwin

With a shattered heart and worn out soul, hanging by the shots of painful human side effects, Darwin sat down in a terrain on top of cliff with his legs hanging on the edges. Bathe in the shower of moonlight pouring down his sad and lonely world. He looked up with cloudy eyes. His lips half open as he embraced the soft gush of wing brushing through his skin.

Behind him is the lifeless body of Hubert, covered in amber crystal. Protected from weather and time.

"What am I supposed to do?", Darwin whispered.

He shut his eyes once again and thought about Stephen. He touched the markings that Stephen tattooed on his skin. As he brushed his fingertips across it, a bluish white light beamed behind its lines. He thought of something like communicating him with it but he doesn't know how.

"Was he always like this?", Keith broke off the sentiment.

"What do you mean?", Darwin replied without looking at him.

"Oh come on Vampy, look", Keith scratched his head at Darwin's response.

Darwin looked behind him through his shoulders but then forced to fully turn his attention towards Hubert.

"Oh no", Darwin bit his lips and frowned.

Hubert's body slowly rotting from the venom of Erickson's spear. His skin, slowly deteriorating and decaying from the surface. And veins started protruding from his face.

"Why'd you encase him in crystal anyway?", Keith looked at Darwin with a frown on his face.

"Do you honestly think I have the magical attributes to do so? His body probably has a self preserving mechanism in case he dies", Darwin rolled his eyes on him.

"He did protected himself from weather and time. Yet he forgot that he's been killed from the inside", Keith leaned down and checked the crystal surrounding Huberts small body.

"So ridiculous how the Harbinger of Death actually died", Keith gave Darwin a silly smile.

"But he's not actually dead, is he?", Darwin asked him back.

"Few hours ago he wasn't but few hours from now, he will, definitely", Keith answered without looking at him.

Darwin looked back at the sheet of water silently rolling below him. Frustrations and fear started building inside him. The fear of losing Hubert is something he cannot take.

"Keith...", Darwin's voice whispered like air.
"Vampy?", Keith replied.
"Turn me", Darwin proposed.
"Into what? Fairy?" Keith looked at him with a weird face.
"Idiot...I was just thinking if you can turn me into something more", Darwin turned to look at the waters again.

Keith let out a sigh before dusting his shirt off and sat down beside him. He stretched his arms across Darwin's shoulders.

"So you think I am something more now?", Keith whispered with a husky voice.
"What are you doing? Of course not", Darwin gave him a weird look.
"What? Yuh 'coz you want me to turn you into something like me", Keith boasted.
"Would that be possible? I just needed some power so I can take Stephen back", Darwin replied nonchalantly.

Keith pulled his arms back and rested in on his legs. He leaned backward and crossed his legs looking at Darwin on his back.

"My attributes will only batt with your Valhr blood so instead of turning you it will only deteriorate your body", Keith twitched his lips.

"Guess not", Darwin sighed and looked down at the waves below him.
"Why do you want me inside you? We can do it right now", Keith stuck his tongue out and let out a sassy snicker. He playfully brushed Darwin's hair from his back.