Chapter 15: Pitch Black

The sky, spread like a black sheet across the world. With the contrast of the soft dancing starlight and the moon that shines like a crystal ball. The night, so quiet and calm that only the crickets and the mild waves could be heard.

Darwin grabbed Stephen's hand on his face and looked straight at him. His hazel eyes, illuminated by the smooth touch of the moonlight shone like summer field showered by a morning sun.

"How dramatic...", Hubert popped behind them and teased them with a closed eyed pout. Stephen playfully smacked his forehead with the back of his hand and they both laughed.

"You look wonderful when you're like that", Stephen commended Darwin as he looked up to the sky.

"Sooner or later I'll go back to looking savage and malevolent. I was reborn into something that sent this temporary humanity off. So consider this a short sneak peak of what I am before I died", Darwin replied calmly with a hint of smile. His small fangs showing as he gave a smirk at Stephen.

"Do you remember how we met? That was horrible", Hubert demoted behind them.

"How could I ever forget that?", Darwin turned to Hubert and gave him a s bobbed face.

"Common grounds please", Stephen intervened.

Hubert stood and clapped his hands. He returned to his normal state and he sat down with his legs crossed. He pinched Darwin's cheek and smacked his forehead and run away.Laughing for what he did, he chased Hubert behind him but he leaped and took a flight. He stuck his tongue out to him.

"Try me", He squinted his eyes at Hubert as he arched his back to pull his wings but nothing came.

Stephen looked at him in confusion and turned to face him.

"What happened?", He asked as he pulled himself up and dusted his shirt off.

"I can't...I can't pull my wings off", Darwin looked at his hands then to Stephen.

Hubert tilted his head above them. He felt that Darwin stopped chasing him. He flickered to them and looked at Darwin.

"Your body is responding on the withdrawal of your memories", Hubert sighed at the sight of frustrated Darwin.

"What should I do?", He fell down on his feet and gave them a weak face and sigh.

"There must be some kind of way to revert your memories back and relive being a vampire", Stephen sat down beside him and dusted Darwin's hair off.

Hubert joined them as he crossed his legs in the mushy ground. He tapped his chin as he thought of an idea how he could help his big brother gather his vampirism back.

"I can't stay like this. I didn't come a long way to end up like this. I felt the pain of having my bitter past heightened by my senses when I became a vampire. And that I got used to. But feeling like a human and falling back into the deepest pits of my horrible past after concealing it for centuries is an inescapable abyss. I can't escape humanity", Darwin started weeping as he looked at the ground.

"His senses are twisted. He felt like he's been renewed for a human's delicate sense and he can't stand even a simple disappointment", Hubert commented as he looked at Stephen with a concerned face.

"You gotta be ok, vampire kid. We gonna find a way to bring you back", Stephen brushed his hands through his back and pulled him to his side.

Hubert stood up and spread his hands. A dome of galaxies started spinning around them. Stephen looked around with awe as stars and other celestial bodies run around them.