Chapter 4: The Hollow Sense

Stephen grumbled on the pain in his head. Lying with his back on to the ground after hitting a barricade on the road. The last thing he remembered was driving fast with his thoughts drifting around in spirals until the car crashed. Tiny bits of broken glass punctured through his skin and a sharp metal pierced through his left shoulder. He let out a small sigh and hiss at the pain of both his wounds, muscle and brain. Then he realized about the guy who slaughtered the lightkeepers and piled them up like sacks of rotten flesh. His eyes snapped open at the thought of Darwin.

He pulled himself up and turned to see the unconscious being lying on the ground under the shade of trees. He crawled and picked up his whip which happened to be just a few stretches away from him. Then sneaked out slowly out of the upside down car without making any sounds towards him. Slowly and slow...

"Even if you walk through the air just to make no sound I will still hear every movement of your muscle", Darwin moved his blood stained lips but with his eyes still closed. Lying on the ground like dead.

"I'm surprised you're still alive after that fight", Stephen sighed and rested on the tree as he put his whip aside, "Are you up for another round?", he playfully taunted him.

"It's not like someone like you could actually kill me. But no thanks, I'm tired of fighting when I can just snap you neck on your sleep anytime I want", Darwin's weak voice fainted to a loud whisper.

Stephen rolled his eyes at him. He looked at the car and sighed.

"I don't know happened last night", He told himself.
"We obviously crashed. Idiot", Darwin interrupted.

He rubbed his back on the barks of the tree to aid him as he stand up. Still looking at Darwin in alertness. He pulled the broken glasses on his skin.

"Just don't think of making any trouble", He told him in between whimpers and hiss from pulling the glasses off.

Darwin didn't respond at him. He just turned his back from him and let out a deep sigh. Stephen realized that the adamantine dagger was still planted on his heart.

"You could've just pulled that thing off and run away, idiot", Stephen mocked him at his situation.

"Yeah. But just when I pull it out, life will then push out of my body. Happy now?", Darwin rolled his eyes.

"Guess I would just let you like that", Stephen shrugged his shoulders and just pulled the one last piece. He let out a deep breath at the tingling pain in his shoulder. He tried pulling it off slowly but it was just too painful.

"Hmmm. Looks like someone cannot heal himself", Darwin pulled himself up and sat with legs crossed. He gave Stephen a taunting smile as he pulled the sleeve up from his wrist and sliced it with his claw.

Stephen saw his open wound narrowing and shrinking as it rapidly heals down.

"So what?", He just frowned at him.
"Here's a thing. You pulled this thing off my chest and I pull that thing off your shoulder plus I'm gonna heal your wounds all at once", Darwin tried to bargain.

Stephen just laughed at his face. Giving him a middle finger before pulling the metal off again. His loud screams filled the air.

"Atleast I can have a witch to pull this thing off, but what about your life when you lose so much blood?", Darwin playing with his nails and biting it like a kid.

Stephen gave up and let out a deep moan. He looked up to the blue sky before pulling up to his feet and walked slowly towards him. His wounds are more deadly than the stakes and risks.

"Just know that if you do something bad ,I will never hesitate to pierce this right through your heart again", He warned Darwin face to face before putting his hand to the grip of the dagger.