Chapter 7: The Games Of Truth

Stephen woke up to the loud smashing sound coming from the other side of the wall. He rubbed his eyes to the gleaming sunlight smoothly touching his wounded face. He turned up to see the clock pointing at 10:21 AM. Another round of a bomb like commotion rumbled to the other side.

He hissed in annoyance at the burst of the sound.

"What the f...hey!", He shouted with his eyes half shut. Let out a big yawn and pulled himself up.

Just when he was about to open the door, a big realization just came rushing through his mind. The thought of fighting with Darwin , the succubus and the wendigos just stopped him on his tracks. He rolled the knob and slowly walked towards the banging sound.

He opened to door to the other room but no one was there. He looked around and heard another electric driven burst coming from the attic. He pulled back and slowly followed the noise.

He walked across the alley and into the deck. Slowly, he cracked open the door and saw a familiar face covered in bruises and burns, sitting on the ground and hissing in pain. His pale skin emitting smoke from the little drips of sunlight touching him.

"Fuck! Fuck! Argggh!", He pulled himself and launched forward in a lightning speed only to be blocked and electrocuted by a force field that seemed to stop him from going through.

"Hey! What are you doing here?", Stephen asked in both shock and confusion. Darwin just gave him a dagger and look with his grey eyes shining like moonlight in the middle of a day.

"There you are", He whispered before dashing straight into Darwin in a speed of light and pinned him down to the ground. He locked Stephen's arms with his legs and pulled his neck from his back.

"Taking a vampire as a hostage. What a bold move human! Now I'm hungry as hell", His expression shifted from taunting to a deadly one as he dug his fangs into Stephen's neck.

He's about to take a sip of his blood when he felt an extreme burning sensation in his mouth, and the blood tastes so bitter that it dried his throat instantly. He kicked Stephen back and ran outside in his usual vampire speed and threw up gushing his blood.

"I'm gonna kill you", Stephen winced in pain at the shot of Darwin's fang into his. He chased Darwin out covering his wound and saw him vomiting hard that it almost drew his intestines out.

"What the hell is wrong with you?", He asked him it between hiss still covering his neck with his hands to prevent the blood from dripping.

"Hey! Are you ok darling?", Stephen's neighbour asked from the other side of the fence. She's holding a cup of tea as she strolls across her lawn. Her expression shifted from worry to afraid as she looked down at Darwin vomiting blood on the green plains on Stephen's yard.

Darwin looked up to her. He wiped the small drips of blood on his face as he looked straight directly into her eyes.

"It's OK, you didn't see anything", His compulsion crept like mist into the woman's ears as she nodded at his words.

"Yeah, I didn't see anything", she said in a plain emotion as she walked back inside the house.

"You shouldn't bump into people", Stephen sat at the bench on his deck. Hissing at the short pinch of pain of Darwin's fangs into his skin. He took a glimpse of Darwin sitting like a defeated champion across the yard ,"What if she saw you acting supernaturally?"

"You never had a masterclass on supernatural studies. Compulsion, easy. I can even convince the whole town to be my friend", He rolled his eyes as he boasted his ability at him.

"Except me", Stephen continued.
"Yeah, it would only be such a waste of my ability to even try to be friends with you", He looked him from head to his toe.