Chapter 18: Sound of Fear

Wind, blowing like a river of whispers across the misty lands. Passing through the tress and caressing their leaves. The moonlight pouring down like drops of light all over the world. Slow heartbeat, loud minds and silent breathing. Everything is calm. A calm before a storm.

"Just a single you is a total pain in the ass. Now with another one, it's absolutely a nightmare", Stephen whispered with a smirk behind Darwin.

"At least I like you better now", He looked at him an gave him a nod.

They both nodded at each other. As if something mutual has been established in between them. They turned to the enemies once again. With their eyes glowing behind a dark fog, making them look astoundingly intimidating like their opponents.

In a heartbeat, a brawl broke off between parties and they exchanged blows and attacks. The enemy somehow outnumbered them but they won't go down easy.

Stephen faced his two versions and Darwin dealt with the other one.

"I somehow envy your absolute strength. But I was more than your eyes will meet", Darwin moved around his version in a lightning speed, giving fatal blows at the same time.

But his version hasn't seem to be affected at all. Instead, he grabbed Darwin by his neck and dug a glowing red orb right into his chest. The thing exploded some organs inside him, making him fall back a few meters vomiting blood with flesh on it.

"Darwin!", Stephen looked at him with worry. He tried rushing to him but his two versions locked him out with their grips. His vampire version is so strong that it even fought him singlehandedly without moving a direction.

"Just go ahead!", Darwin snapped him with a bloody look. His wounds rapidly healed. But his strength is gradually fluctuating due to his current state.

"Weakling!", His versions let out a very bone chilling smile before lunging him in a split second. He grabbed Darwin with his neck and lifted him off the ground. He dug his hands into Darwin's gut and right into his spine. He utterly squeezed his neck and pulled his spine down to rip him into pieces.

Darwin screamed like death at the pain. Stephen looked at him with absolute terror as he struggled with the grip of his other version.

"Let go of me!", His eyes glowed and rings started moving in circles. He flickered above the two of his versions and grabbed them with their temples. He danced into the wind with the lightness of his body and knocked the two of them hard on the rocky ground. His agility gave him the upper hand against the dark one so he focused on taking him down first. He grabbed a tube in his pocket and a whip wiggled right before their eyes. He struck them with lightning in every slash but it did not bothered them at all.

In a middle of the brawl a howl lingered across the land. It's sounded eerie and astonishing at the same time.

Stephen looked at Darwin and was surprised by the smile on his face. He looked back to him and gave him a nod.

"Just in time", He whispered as he gave a knuckle on his version's gut and flickered behind him. He flipped back a few meters and took a step back. Slowly and into the dark corners of the area. Slowly and silently. His version looking at him with fury and hunger.

Two pair of glowing eyes suddenly appeared behind him. One is yellow and the other one is white. He fell deep into the dark with his eyes glowing making it blend with the other two.

Darwin's version shut his eyes and let out a snicker. In a speed of light, he dashed forward towards Darwin but a woman countered him and grabbed his neck. He scratched her arms as she tightened the grip.